Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First service appointment 1 month and 2 days from today???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my service centre in Toronto, Canada today to book an appointment to install my summer wheels/tires and they told me the first available appointment is April 18th (today is March 16th). Are they kidding? One month and two days?!

This is not acceptable for a car that costs nearly $150K.

It isn't just Toronto. Tesla service centers are notorious for having longish backlogs for non emergency service. If it is just a tire change, that can be done many different places, you don't have to rely on Tesla.

It isn't just Toronto. Tesla service centers are notorious for having longish backlogs for non emergency service. If it is just a tire change, that can be done many different places, you don't have to rely on Tesla.

But they have my wheels and tires. I don't even think four 21" wheels/tires would fit in the MS to haul somewhere else. When I bought the car I was told tire changes were a valet service from my house (I live 5 minutes away from the SC). I guess they left out the (in a month) part.

Very annoying.

I don't even think four 21" wheels/tires would fit in the MS to haul somewhere else.

Model-S-Trunk-Wheel-Tires-1024x682.jpg

You'd be quite wrong about that.

I've had 4 service appointments (counting one scheduled for this week). It's been between 3 and 5 weeks wait, including both appointments where I had a failed door handle.

I've put "long wait for appointment" as my feedback after each appointment so far and the response has always been that they're working on it.

Are they kidding? One month and two days?!

Haha, that's cute. In Norway there's a 6 months waiting for service. Even for defects/issues covered by warranty there's at least 4 month waiting now, unless it's a safety problem.

My P85 was delivered with 1 defective AC vent and reverse lamps with water in them, still not fixed after 1 year of ownership! :(

Last edited:
I should think wheels and tires, and even alignments, could be handled by someone other than a Tesla SC. Aren't we pleased to have graduated from the clutches of dealer service centers? This may be a contrarian view, but the only way to get beyond price gouging may be to get these cars out to independent mechanics for routine automotive work. Of course it will be a long time before they are comfortable with electrical work on cars with 400V batteries in them. I've already seen that with a Lexus hybrid.

Out here in CA non-emergency service appointments are 1.5 months out, yet the BMW dealership is only 1 day out for any type of issues. It's actually really bad. My P85 was rattling like crazy, very annoying, but since it wasn't "critical" it took them almost 2 months to resolve. I love the car so I put up with it, but trust me- that will grow old if there are not improvements.

Its scary to think they only have the Model S (and some Roadsters). Imagine if the Model X was out already! Sometimes growing too fast is bad for a company, and they are selling so many cars that the service centers can't handle right now. A tech I spoke to said if the Model X or 3 was out right now there would be no possible way they could service all of them right now.

I personally do not ever want the Model 3 to be released and want them to continue to delay the Model X until the proper amount of service centers and supercharging stations are available. All of early adopters are going to be killed when it comes to servicing and charging our Model S's when these other vehicles are released. Tesla needs to hurry up the build out process of their service locations, like, NOW