Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Summer Supercharger opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am proud to tell you all that as of tomorrow June 26 at 10 am cst. 4 Supercharging stalls will be open on the third floor of a brand new parking garage, 11 UpTown circle.

There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 am. I will be there and start filming my short film on how the supercharging stations are going to impact small towns and dhow they impact Tesla Owners.

Maybe some of you will drive in! Some Tesla Reps. will be driving a Model S in from Chicago and talk for a while before driving back and having a press conference at the Science museum.

Posting photos is a real hassle so ya. But the facilities are amazing, Check out these sites to see it:
Home | Uptown NormalUptown Normal
EVTown
Passenger rail goes high speed in Illinois and across the Midwest - Welcome to the FastLane: The Official Blog of the U.S. Secretary of Transportation

Message me for any other details.

Best resturants are:
Medici
Firehouse
Garlic Press

Real good ice-cream:
Cocomero- Fro-Yo
Emack and Bolios

Another investor/enthusiast here, will be a few years until the Minivan gets traded for a Tesla for me. Glad to hear you are documenting this, and looking forward to seeing the finished product. I will be coming down from Chicago in a Volt ZipCar bright and early tomorrow, see you there!

Hello,
I am proud to tell you all that as of tomorrow June 26 at 10 am cst. 4 Supercharging stalls will be open on the third floor of a brand new parking garage, 11 UpTown circle.

There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 am. I will be there and start filming my short film on how the supercharging stations are going to impact small towns and dhow they impact Tesla Owners.

Maybe some of you will drive in! Some Tesla Reps. will be driving a Model S in from Chicago and talk for a while before driving back and having a press conference at the Science museum.

There will be a couple of us driving up from St. Louis and quite a few more driving down from Chicago. I am looking forward to being part of the occasion!

- - - Updated - - -

Third floor of a parking garage, huh? Doesn't seem like a particularly obvious place for a supercharger. And the location in general seems a little off the beaten path ( not right off an interstate I mean). Interesting.

Yes, def. not obvious - but the shelter that the parking garage offers will be a blessing in the winter! :wink: As for not being right off of the interstate, it does signal an interesting direction Tesla is taking in placing their "stations" outside of the normal interstate/truck stop way stations such as in conjunction with outlet malls, etc.

Yes, def. not obvious - but the shelter that the parking garage offers will be a blessing in the winter! :wink: As for not being right off of the interstate, it does signal an interesting direction Tesla is taking in placing their "stations" outside of the normal interstate/truck stop way stations such as in conjunction with outlet malls, etc.

Great move. Out of the sun, out of the snow, out of the rain and near some nice restaurants. Nice location.