Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time towing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find that it's gets easier the more you use it. At this point, mine is super easy to install and remove.
Likewise. I think much of that has to do with becoming experienced with the procedure.

These days, I just leave mine on. My cover for that area fell off long ago and the replacement I was given from the SC is a new style with two locks instead of one. It doesn't fit. So taking the receiver off leaves the receptor for the receiver (!) open to dirt and grime.

I leave mine on. Locked. The first one was stolen.:(

IMG_1167.JPG

I leave mine on. Locked. The first one was stolen.:(

View attachment 218500
I like the sign. Stolen! Wow, I wouldn't think you could get the hitch receiver out of the slot under the car without the key, but larceny doesn't respect my limits! I've got the hitch receiver and the hitch on my car at the moment with a hitch lock between the two (and a tennis ball covering the hitch ball - looks funny but cute) in preparation for towing the trailer to get its wheel bearings re-packed. (And I'm hoping to get an accurate tongue weight test.)