Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First track day impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep i'll be at the track for Tesla Corsa on March 31st, been busy with work so i haven't had a chance to track the car since the last Tesla Corsa at the end of January :(

From a "sporty" driving perspective, the car does feel more planted with the sway bars. I've had the coilovers installed for about 2 months now, so i have a good feeling for those, and the sway bar definitely added something new in terms of the car feeling tighter and more responsive. It doesn't really change how the car takes bumps (which makes sense) but gives better steering feel and less body roll when punching it on an on-ramp ;)

Sway bars? Please do share.

Just spotted these on UP website - Billet Adjustable Front Upper Controls Arm. I sense camber adjustment coming. :)

Yep i'll be at the track for Tesla Corsa on March 31st, been busy with work so i haven't had a chance to track the car since the last Tesla Corsa at the end of January :(

From a "sporty" driving perspective, the car does feel more planted with the sway bars. I've had the coilovers installed for about 2 months now, so i have a good feeling for those, and the sway bar definitely added something new in terms of the car feeling tighter and more responsive. It doesn't really change how the car takes bumps (which makes sense) but gives better steering feel and less body roll when punching it on an on-ramp ;)
That does make sense, thanks

Here's an up-skirt for ya ;)

Coilover+Arm.jpeg

swaybar.jpeg

How much camber adjustment from the upper arm? That's some fancy coilover with an external reservoir, single tube design?

Not positive on the specific number for range (i'd be guessing unfortunately) but you will easily be able to get the car to -2 degrees of camber, if not more.

Yup good eye, these are a special "racing version" coilover that Unplugged made for me on request. They are 2-way adjustable, monotube shocks with a huge range of adjustability and very stiff springs (almost 2x stock). They have a great suspension engineer that can make something bespoke for your application (taking into account tire size/compound, type of racing etc.)

Not positive on the specific number for range (i'd be guessing unfortunately) but you will easily be able to get the car to -2 degrees of camber, if not more.

Yup good eye, these are a special "racing version" coilover that Unplugged made for me on request. They are 2-way adjustable, monotube shocks with a huge range of adjustability and very stiff springs (almost 2x stock). They have a great suspension engineer that can make something bespoke for your application (taking into account tire size/compound, type of racing etc.)

The photo of the upper arm on Unplugged website is from your car. ;)

Reactions: kbecks13
kbecks13, have you found a good alignment spec for your setup? Front/Rear Toe, Front/Rear Camber, maybe car height "Pinch welds to ground" as reference points?

Still tweaking it, currently at -1.8 camber and about 7 degrees of caster with slight toe out in the front and neutral in the rear. Probably going to adjust again after Tesla Corsa on Sunday as i plan to learn a TON from their special guest ;)

The sway bars are actually adjustable and have three different settings, but still using stock end links for now.

Reactions: is2scooby
Still tweaking it, currently at -1.8 camber and about 7 degrees of caster with slight toe out in the front and neutral in the rear. Probably going to adjust again after Tesla Corsa on Sunday as i plan to learn a TON from their special guest ;)

The sway bars are actually adjustable and have three different settings, but still using stock end links for now.
What are the setting levels compared to stock? Is there a "stock" or "softer than stock" among them?

Randy?

Last edited:
Reactions: kbecks13
Hey electric heads, there’s a track day this Thursday you can get your solo license at! If you’re ready and available. If not there’s many more. Have a good day

Attachments

• 8BD4E58D-63F5-4E2F-8D98-54453637E958.jpeg
    8BD4E58D-63F5-4E2F-8D98-54453637E958.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 4861A522-BFD2-4A7B-B2A7-48E6A8B98CB1.jpeg
    4861A522-BFD2-4A7B-B2A7-48E6A8B98CB1.jpeg
    700.5 KB · Views: 43