Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Five sightings in one day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming back from SF (to Portland) on Monday, we saw a Model 3 and two Model S on I5. I've rarely seen one Tesla in a day, so these were a bit of a surprise.

Much more interesting was the two car carriers loaded with Model 3s. Looks like another 20 people "up north" will have a great T-day!

Reactions: Gavyne
LOL. In the Bay Area I probably see 500-1000 Teslas per day. They are like hondas here.
In the Bay Area I see about one Tesla every minute I’m on the road, sometimes more.

It’s great to hear from other areas of the country about increasing numbers of Teslas being sighted. In a few years they will be commonplace in every metropolitan area, and increasingly in other regions.

In the Bay Area I see about one Tesla every minute I’m on the road, sometimes more.

It’s great to hear from other areas of the country about increasing numbers of Teslas being sighted. In a few years they will be commonplace in every metropolitan area, and increasingly in other regions.
I see them all the time but I still get excited every time I see another Tesla. Especially a metallic silver 3.

In my town my sightings have gone from once a week (when I got my car) to daily. This morning I saw two brand new Model 3's (no plates) in the space of two blocks. We are not a high income / tech town either. We're about as middle of road as you can get.

I'm still the only Tesla of any kind in my building of 150 people. There is one more person in my department at a different location that owns a red Model S though, but think that's about it.

I will say that there are a lot of Leafs, Volts, Sparks and Bolts running around my town though. There are by far more Leafs here than any other electric. To me that means that a lot of those people will be replacing them with M3's on their next car purchase. I've seen a few of the new Prius partial electrics around as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
For Bay Area folks, the post could be titled "Five sightings at one stoplight!" ;)

It is definitely exciting to see the adoption curve spreading to other areas. I recently had family visiting from the UK and my young cousin had never seen a Tesla up close or ridden in one, so he was beyond excited to start Tesla-spotting as we drove around the area. I think he finally gave up after counting 80 or so.

Reactions: ggnykk
I probably see one per minute on my drives. I figure that if I'm going to collide with another car, it's quite likely to be a Tesla. Not that I'm planning on this, but still... It is not uncommon to approach a 4-way stop and have four Model 3 drivers negotiating the right of way.

The saddest part for me? Nobody ELSE seems to give a damn that they're in a Tesla. I wave and they thing I'm some nut. :-( . I sorta miss the EV1 days.

Reactions: ggnykk and thecloud
For Bay Area folks, the post could be titled "Five sightings at one stoplight!" ;)

It is definitely exciting to see the adoption curve spreading to other areas. I recently had family visiting from the UK and my young cousin had never seen a Tesla up close or ridden in one, so he was beyond excited to start Tesla-spotting as we drove around the area. I think he finally gave up after counting 80 or so.
Exactly! Quite often I'll be on HWY 80 in a parade of five or six Teslas in a row. Most fun is to try to organize them by color and model, for a proper parade.