Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix Nav Speed limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone fix incorrect maps?

Do you know how to fix map speed limits that are wrong? One one stretch of six miles, the speed going East to West is 55 mph. The speed on the same road going west to East is 25 mph.

That’s because of a small triangle road intersection where the short side of the triangle (100 yards) is 25 mph. After the road goes past this intersection the 25 mph is misapplied to the main road in only one direction.
I tried telling GoogleMaps. I tried open street maps. It’s been a year or so, but no fixes. It’s going to make FSD driving that stretch awful.
Of course, still plenty of time to await DSD, but still..... how to fix?

Anecdotal, but I've been told to simply use the Bug Report function when this happens.

That absolutely does not work.

Per an employee at a service center many moons ago, bug report saves a snapshot of your car’s current data along with a recording of your description for the Tesla Service Center to evaluate and troubleshoot at your next visit.

Sadly, it doesn’t go to the Mothership to update speed limit databases or get evaluated by a team of bug fixers.

I found another recent thread in the forum.

Where does AP get speed limits from? How can I fix/ask to fix them?

However it’s summarized by:
“I don't think I've come across anyone who has successfully gotten a speed limit in the database fixed.”

a suggestion that speed limits come from Tom Tom...?

I submitted corrections to Tom Tom. I had an old loginid from GPS device days, we will see....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
The latest release lets the car read the speed limit signs—a much needed improvement! On my first drive with this system, it fixed some of the errors that it's exhibited consistently in the past. It missed one sign, but I think a truck was too close to it.

The car now displays the new limit the instant it passes the sign, and it's not fooled by speed limits for trucks only or those that say "When children are present."

Yeah, I got the speed limit firmware too. It’s about 50% better than the mapping speed limits. But there are many streets without speed limit signs that require “fixing” the Tesla mapping data. Where I live, there are State owned streets with 35 mph mapping data speed limits in one lane direction and 55 mph limits in the other lane going in the other direction. Obviously bad data on a main route two lane road.

Those streets don’t have speed limit signs for miles. With that problem, the new firmware has no ability to “read” the speed limit. Autopilot is not helpful on those trips...

I want a method to fix the mapping data speed limits....

where does this occasionally bad speed limit data come from?

Last edited: