Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix the damn auto wipers tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Save yourself a lot of grief, turn off the automatic setting.

When you need wipers press the button on the end of the left stock. The wipers come on, at the bottom left of the screen the wiper menu appears for about 5 seconds. Select the speed you want.

My 2023 model s wipers don’t function correctly at all. When it is pouring rain they barely move and then when it’s lightly misting they will go full speed. And many times on a sunny day I’ll be driving and they will cycle once, I think because some sunlight is reflecting off the sensor. Never have this with any of my other cars with auto wipers.

They are hot garbage, and to add insult to injury they are now forcefully enabled and set to “auto” any time you engage TACC or Autosteer.

Bad enough that they’re essentially useless and have been since they ditched the rain sensor in 2016. Overriding my decision to leave them off is infuriating.

Wipers are currently extremely bad after latest updates. Yesterday when there was light rain they wipe at maximum speed. And when I put them to manual setting they will reset back to auto every time I activate cruise control. And when the weather is dry they still wipe once a while.

Driving Model 3 and wipers are currently very frustrating. Fixing the wipers should be number one priority and auto should never activate when cruise control or autopilot is used!

Auto wipers used to be decent on my 16 S facelift. I left the stalk knob on 3 dots most of the time. Over about the last year they've become much worse. They have the same symptoms described above, especially the occasional wipe on a clear day, and not wiping frequently enough in mist or light rain. I just leave them off nowadays, so they've reverted to manual now. At least I have a stalk with a button that I can press when needed. It is somewhat irritating.

After a recent update, wipers turn themselves on when dry. Turn them to the off position and about 20 min later they turn themselves on from the OFF position, again with no rain. Anyone else? PIA and safety hazard.