Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FLA supercharger prices very high

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just made a trip from central Texas to middle of Florida. Supercharger prices in Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana; about 20 cents/Kwh. Prices in Florida; 30 cents/kwh. ouch. Why such a price difference? After looking at cost to drive there and back, it would have been cheaper to take my wife's Toyota Camry hybrid - or at least the same.

I do a lot of driving in WA and OR and 30+cents is standard here. Even with that rate, it’s still cheaper to drive than using gas (which is approaching $4/gallon now). As other said, there are more reasons than saving on gas to drive a Tesla and I enjoy all of them (especially the instant torque!)

Here in Ontario, Canada.
Our gas is about $4.91 a gallon.
$1.30 litre.
electricity is a fraction of the cost in comparison.
you could buy an electric car in Ontario for the gas savings alone for sure.
I personally save about $5,000 to $6,000 a year in gas savings based on my driving habits.
loving it.

If you think FL is bad, don't even think about visiting CA. We're now up to $0.42/kWh 😇

Then again, our gas prices have been above $4/gal for a while now. Nearest few stations to me are at $4.30/gal.
But I agree, gas prices need to be even higher. We shouldn't be a penny less than $7/gal to match EU petrol prices!