Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flimwell Supercharger - new parking fee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used that supercharger, I think twice in just over two years of Tesla ownership. I live half an hour away and if I coming back and am uncomfortably low it takes the worry out of it to supercharge for 10 or 15 mins.
If I stopped and the cafe was open, I would buy a coffee for the charge anyway, but both times it has been late at night and no cafe.
Even before reading this thread, I would quite simply pay the £4 if I saw that sign. The amount of grief and time to fight a fine isn't worth it and it is obvios the cameras will be on the entrance / exit, not the superchargers at the other end of the car park. Maybe I am soft in my old age, but £4 is good value for low hassle, even if I don't agree with the principle. As others have said, it isn't the only supercharger which is in a car park you have to pay for.

Further to my last and final post on the Flimwell charger, I have spoken with Patrick at Flimwell Park via [email protected] and have confimed contrary to the parking adminstrators statement earlier, that Tesla parking whilst on charge is indeed free of parking fees. So a ticket is not required. So happy charging, it is my nearest, so shall now restart supercharging there!
I've never used it but reading the thread there's a tablet in the cafe to record your reg number. If the cafe is closed how is the ANPR going to know you're charging?

Update: please no-one else call Total Parking as a result of this thread :)

I just called to ask Total Parking about this site, and apparently I wasn't the first to do so today! The folks on the phone aren't able to give a conclusive answer, firstly because no-one in that office was really sure, and secondly because they want everything to be communicated in writing for accountability - last thing anyone wants is to get in trouble for giving misleading advice. They said that they don't want to come across as rude or unhelpful, but there's really no answer that they can give, and they didn't relish the prospect of explaining that to lots of people as a result of this thread.

I was advised to email [email protected], which I'll do after posting this message. I'll update you if I hear anything back.

A recording of your phoning them would be a good defence as if their staff can't understand the notice then the notice is not clear enough to be valid. Hence would be a good option to phone them.

What an absolute bunch of dog-joggers.

I used to go there whilst my eldest was doing gymnastics nearby. She's stopped going, so I'm unlikely to visit Flimwell any time soon, but in the last year I've saved about £1,600 on charging with a combination of free supercharging and local free chargers, so I can't really complain!

Looks like it’s free now

Attachments

• IMG_7122.jpeg
    IMG_7122.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 11
If they are using ANPR cameras at the entrance/exit how do they know you are supercharging?
No idea, I’d actually bought something from the cafe and put my number in before I saw the sign. There were a couple of MYs just parked maybe all Teslas are free all the time?

They also have some very poor bike or disabled parking

Attachments

• IMG_7121.jpeg
    IMG_7121.jpeg
    782.4 KB · Views: 7