Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger PCN fine at new Tongham / Farnham location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These places don’t charge you to charge, though. You just need to pop into the reception and enter your reg into the computer. Alas, people frequently fail to read the numerous signs (at the entrance, by the chargers, on the screen and now usually on the cables) and end up getting a ticket. For a country where people should know they have to double and triple check what the parking arrangements are whenever they stop, I’m amazed by how many come onto this forum to have a moan.
OK! Thank you. I misunderstood.
My righteous irritation was misplaced.

I have not yet charged the car anywhere that required a potential parking levy to be cancelled at a hotel. That day will doubtless come.

One of the things I don’t miss over there is the constant ‘stick stick stick’ and no ‘carrot’ attitude

Things like this just reinforce the ‘everyone is out to get the motorist’ narrative - over here, things are more mature and relaxed. It wouldn’t cross my mind to have to register to charge my vehicle, much in the same way as I wouldn’t have told the garage I was pumping gas

ANPR in these situations is a brickbat solution. If there is a problem with parking, what’s wrong with sending someone out to check number plates? Or use the ANPR system properly - if the plate is read entering and exiting and the duration is under say 60 minutes, it’s more than likely because you’re charging you car
Well said.

One of the things I don’t miss over there is the constant ‘stick stick stick’ and no ‘carrot’ attitude

Things like this just reinforce the ‘everyone is out to get the motorist’ narrative - over here, things are more mature and relaxed. It wouldn’t cross my mind to have to register to charge my vehicle, much in the same way as I wouldn’t have told the garage I was pumping gas

ANPR in these situations is a brickbat solution. If there is a problem with parking, what’s wrong with sending someone out to check number plates? Or use the ANPR system properly - if the plate is read entering and exiting and the duration is under say 60 minutes, it’s more than likely because you’re charging you car
Extracting money out of motorists is big business, in this country. These parking scammers have set up shop and do very well out of catching out unwitting motorists. They are an easy target and the courts have, unfortunately, sided with the scummy companies. They are scum, however they are a reality of driving in this country and everyone really should know they need to be certain they read any parking signs to avoid falling foul of some rule. These SuCs in hotel grounds have numerous signs all over the place advising motorists what they need to do. If people choose to ignore them because they believe they are not “parking” or simply choose to ignore the signs, well, that’s on them. It’s crap, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Extracting money out of motorists is big business, in this country. These parking scammers have set up shop and do very well out of catching out unwitting motorists. They are an easy target and the courts have, unfortunately, sided with the scummy companies. They are scum, however they are a reality of driving in this country and everyone really should know they need to be certain they read any parking signs to avoid falling foul of some rule. These SuCs in hotel grounds have numerous signs all over the place advising motorists what they need to do. If people choose to ignore them because they believe they are not “parking” or simply choose to ignore the signs, well, that’s on them. It’s crap, but it is what it is.
Sad but true.