Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last update (I got) was from May 27th. It stated they expected delivery June 10th and they will be shipping out the second or third week of June.

Personally I'm a bit "miffed" as I ordered on April 27th and they were "in stock".

Actually, curious if the 2nd row on the Tesla Shields has changed. I thought their middle seat raised lip followed the cut line instead of going straight across. Any concerns for anyone? One reviewer I watched had mentioned this type of design being uncomfortable for sitting on middle seat (not that it is ever very comfortable to sit in the middle).

tesla-model-y-2020-2021_1024x1024.jpg

Actually, curious if the 2nd row on the Tesla Shields has changed. I thought their middle seat raised lip followed the cut line instead of going straight across. Any concerns for anyone? One reviewer I watched had mentioned this type of design being uncomfortable for sitting on middle seat (not that it is ever very comfortable to sit in the middle).

View attachment 670712

Good eye,
We were worried about potential fit issues on our first run of model y mats so we played safe and kept them the "standard" way to make sure we had no surprises after such a long preorder wait. I wanted to be sure that the edges didn't mess with the car interior in the case of variations to manufacturing from car to car. Tesla has been known to be pretty lenient with tolerances, and that part of the mat isn't exactly large enough to gamble with edge-fit. Once we get more user data, we can make more aggressive designs down the road. This is one reason why I wanted our preorder prices to be as low as possible. People get a good mat for way below retail that is still better than other mats on the market and we get real data and solid reviews to improve our future product with while still rewarding early customers. I would hate to charge a premium for a mat that didn't work perfectly for customers!

Reactions: md99
Good eye,
We were worried about potential fit issues on our first run of model y mats so we played safe and kept them the "standard" way to make sure we had no surprises after such a long preorder wait. I wanted to be sure that the edges didn't mess with the car interior in the case of variations to manufacturing from car to car. Tesla has been known to be pretty lenient with tolerances, and that part of the mat isn't exactly large enough to gamble with edge-fit. Once we get more user data, we can make more aggressive designs down the road. This is one reason why I wanted our preorder prices to be as low as possible. People get a good mat for way below retail that is still better than other mats on the market and we get real data and solid reviews to improve our future product with while still rewarding early customers. I would hate to charge a premium for a mat that didn't work perfectly for customers!
Thanks. I really appreciate the transparency I've seen from your company. I also design and manufacture a lot of products so I understand how these tradeoffs can make sense. Looking forward to hearing the feedback as people start receiving the product.

Fulfilled @whisperingshad’s order a few days ago, he should receive it on Tuesday. Rest of the orders are landing at port between Thursday and Saturday of this week!
UPS updated delivery to Thursday. Soon as i get Thursday i will put in and take pics and post. I have surgery Friday morning, so I likely wont be back on to answer ?s till Saturday hopefully.

Back. Will have to see how it settles with use, else some velcro will fix anything. They look and feel nice. Im Super anal so i took to close ups of a few gaps etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_143337.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143337.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210610_143342.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143342.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210610_143354.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143354.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210610_143359.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143359.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210610_143406.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143406.jpg
    996.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20210610_143411.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143411.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210610_143417.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143417.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210610_143424.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143424.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20210610_143533.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143533.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210610_143539.jpg
    IMG_20210610_143539.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 71
I’m going to be receiving the Y, LR, hopefully by September. Can you please inform me about the new revised seat mounting, for I am starting to accessorize.

@Glenn T check out the prompt you get when you visit this page: 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada you can see Tesla modified the seat mount late last year. It seems most 3rd party mats have not made that adjustment to fit snugly. If you visit the 2021 page from the same vendor (WeatherTech), they don't prompt you. I believe all 2021 have the revised mount, which is why it doesn't prompt. Ironically, we ordered the 2021 model from WeatherTech but seems we still got mats with the 2020 style mount for whatever reason. On those particular mats, it doesn't look that bad so we decided to just keep them as-is rather than trying to return them and waiting again for the proper ones.

@Glenn T check out the prompt you get when you visit this page: 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada you can see Tesla modified the seat mount late last year. It seems most 3rd party mats have not made that adjustment to fit snugly. If you visit the 2021 page from the same vendor (WeatherTech), they don't prompt you. I believe all 2021 have the revised mount, which is why it doesn't prompt. Ironically, we ordered the 2021 model from WeatherTech but seems we still got mats with the 2020 style mount for whatever reason. On those particular mats, it doesn't look that bad so we decided to just keep them as-is rather than trying to return them and waiting again for the proper ones.

Revised seating started late 2020 and into 2021. I don't know if any of the bigger companies are even producing revised mount mats yet, but I'm not one to ask
@whisperingshad looks like the driver's side has a few gaps?
I am looking into this and will make modifications if the gaps are consistent across all revised mount model ys. Tolerances need to be checked to ensure we don't get issues being too snug. After all, assuming no modification from an end user, it's better to have a mat be a little too small vs a little too big.
since I'm too busy working on our stuff.

For example, this edge shows me that we made this section a little too long/big. Things like this give me valuable data to modify future mats if the issues are something that takes away from using experience.

Screenshot_20210610-192449_Chrome.jpg