Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fob holders - Pete's vs. Tesla's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
In case folks are interested, I took some pictures showing the difference between the fob holders that Pete made available (thx again!) and the ones that Tesla is now offering (gj Tesla!).

Pete <----> Tesla

FobHolderFront.jpg

FobHolderBack.jpg

And that is just the "classic" model, not the newer "deluxe" model! Just ordered some of the deluxe version as the original ones are starting to show serious wear at the edges (hence the reinforced edge on the newer model, methinks)

Sorry for the noob questions. Where to you purchase Pete's version? The Tesla version isn't offered on their website. Is it only at Service Centers?

- - - Updated - - -

Please disregard my post. I found the earlier thread on ordering these.

Ordered Pete's before I took delivery. I actually ordered a couple of the deluxe version right when they became available. I think the Deluxe version is great! The carabiner is a great idea. I haven't seen Tesla's version in person but from the pics above Pete's looks better.

Sorry all, I missed this thread popping up. The picture at the top shows the V1 classic FobPocket, essentially the same dimensions as the Case Logic one. The newer classics are more sculpted to the shape of the key. I'm on my iPad at the moment, but you can see the various photos on the website.

I've just run out of the Deluxe black ones, more should be here within 2 weeks, together with a couple of new color options based on recent requests.

Aside from that, thanks for all the compliments :). I really am trying to sell a useful product at a reasonable price. Obviously if you're near a Tesla store then it's great to get a free one, but if you need to order anything from their online store, the shipping costs are prohibitive for small items.

Just following up on this, here's a quick picture showing the evolution of the FobPocket.

Starting with V1 of what's now called the Classic Fobpocket, this is essentially the same as the Tesla version (though mine came first!)

In the middle is V3, which is more sculpted to the Model S key, and I moved the opening down to ensure the key couldn't pop out (V2 was the same, but the hole was a little higher).

Finally, the deluxe, which is a tougher and more premium design, at the expense of a little extra size. Typically the Deluxe outsell the Classics on a 2:1 ratio.

FobPocket evolution.JPG

Last edited:
Got both the Tesla and the Delux Fob

I got my FobPocket in the mail last week - the white is awesome. I also have the Tesla version, which reminds me of the case logic USB holder that people talked about early this year. Hands Down, pete8314's Deluxe FobPocket is the best -- the white is super chic and everyone notices. Plus, it doesn't slip out of my pocket! Thanks, Pete for a great product.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Anything planned for Xmas???? My car's not even delivered yet, and I already want all the goodies and unfortunately, Tesla doesn't have that much available.