Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fob not detected while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone got this message on the dashboard? I was driving yesterday and noticed the error message. I noticed that my fob was on top of my iPhone while it was on. Perhaps the phone is jamming the signal coming out of the fob? I tried to replicate the situation but it didn't happen again. Maybe the phone was connected to wi-fi the first time around.

I keep a spare battery (CR2354) in my X in case. It is not complicated to change the battery and there should have been a pry tool in the box that the FOBs came in. But if your Tesla is only 2 months old and it isn't a pain to go to your Service Center then they should change the battery for you. How fast the existing battery depletes depends on how often it is within range of the Tesla. When I spend time in my garage my X is constantly sensing the FOB and waking up and then shutting down again. I have a FOB pouch that blocks the signal, but I usually forget to use it.

I have also been having this problem intermittently with my Model S. It is only 3 weeks old, and I have had it give me the dashboard message 3 times so far. It also extends the door handles at different distances (sometimes they extend when I'm 5 feet away, sometimes I actually have to double-click the fob to get them to extend).

Do you know what firmware version fixed that?

I have also been having this problem intermittently with my Model S. It is only 3 weeks old, and I have had it give me the dashboard message 3 times so far. It also extends the door handles at different distances (sometimes they extend when I'm 5 feet away, sometimes I actually have to double-click the fob to get them to extend).

Do you know what firmware version fixed that?

Sorry, don't but will check back with my SC and advise..

Thanks! Considering that it's only been two months since I got the car. I'll contact my SC or is it something I can do myself?

Hi, I've attached the page of the Model S manual that explains how to change the CR2032 battery. The same page also says that phones and other radio devices can interfere with the fob signal from time to time.

Attachments

• model_s_owners_manual_touchscreen_6_2_das_na_r20150326_en_us_pdf__page_5_of_175_.jpg
    model_s_owners_manual_touchscreen_6_2_das_na_r20150326_en_us_pdf__page_5_of_175_.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 47