Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fobo Tire Pressure monitor for smart phones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
21s are 42psi and 19s are 45psi
Hi,
I just installed my FOBO set on my Model S with the stock 19" wheels. As above, the factory recommended pressure is 45psi but the highest the FOBO will go is 44psi. I wonder if there is any problem with this? Anyone contacted FOBO to ask if they could raise the limit a bit? (I just e-mailed from their website but I'm not confident they will respond.)

Hi,
I just installed my FOBO set on my Model S with the stock 19" wheels. As above, the factory recommended pressure is 45psi but the highest the FOBO will go is 44psi. I wonder if there is any problem with this? Anyone contacted FOBO to ask if they could raise the limit a bit? (I just e-mailed from their website but I'm not confident they will respond.)

Inflate the tires to the recommended pressures. The Fobo still reads and shows the pressures above 44psi. It's been cold here but in about 15 miles the pressures on my tires rise to as high as nearly 48psi and show on the FOBO smartphone screen.

Just wanted to say thank you for the OP to start this thread and let us know about this product. In Japan Tesla TPMS is not enabled (we don't have navigation either!) so I always carry a pressure gauge. Now I installed this on my studless winter tires and 19 wheels I feel always safe about tire pressure. In my case everything works flawlessly.

BTW this product doesn't have Japanese certification so technically it's illegal though Standards are completely the same. I'm using illegal, imported phones too :)

this from the fobo folks, including a question about the nature of the "skipping", pls help if you know which it is (stopping or skipping), I'll let them know and post the response!!!
--------------
We are sorry that some users have experience this "skipping" during their music streaming on their Bluetooth headset. Currently there is a known bug which we will fix in our next app release where the music stops when the FOBO Tire app is launched from the background.

However, please also note that for a safety factor, the music will stop indefinitely when an alert appears from the FOBO Tire app. The user will need to play back the music when this happens. This is part of its normal operation to bring to the user's attention the existence of a potential danger.

As such we would like to have some clarification as to the "skipping". Is it a case as described above where the music just stops or is it a case where the music intermittently stops and starts randomly when the FOBO Tire app is in the foreground while there are no alerts?

They are quick to respond - Need more data, Jayman and AppleFan- they suggest that it is release-related, to both the phone and the car...
--------------------------
Thanks for your feedback. It appears that the “skipping” seems to happen with the Tesla vehicle's bluetooth connection. We have tested the FOBO Tire app on the iPhone 6 with bluetooth stereo headsets such as the Jaybird BlueBuds X and the Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 and the music streaming works fine. It also seems that one of the comment shows that the music skipped when the FOBO Tire app wasn’t even running in the background. We will try to investigate further however Tesla cars are currently not available in our country which poses an obstacle for us to go deeper into this issue.

In the mean time, if it helps, there appears to be a bluetooth issue with Tesla cars on another thread in the forum. Please see the link to that thread at http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37347-iPhone-6-6-0FW-Skipping-Bluetooth-Audio. One of the suggested remedy seems to be an update from Tesla. It would be helpful if you could let us know if this works.

They are quick to respond - Need more data, Jayman and AppleFan- they suggest that it is release-related, to both the phone and the car...
--------------------------
Thanks for your feedback. It appears that the “skipping” seems to happen with the Tesla vehicle's bluetooth connection. We have tested the FOBO Tire app on the iPhone 6 with bluetooth stereo headsets such as the Jaybird BlueBuds X and the Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 and the music streaming works fine. It also seems that one of the comment shows that the music skipped when the FOBO Tire app wasn’t even running in the background. We will try to investigate further however Tesla cars are currently not available in our country which poses an obstacle for us to go deeper into this issue.

In the mean time, if it helps, there appears to be a bluetooth issue with Tesla cars on another thread in the forum. Please see the link to that thread at http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37347-iPhone-6-6-0FW-Skipping-Bluetooth-Audio. One of the suggested remedy seems to be an update from Tesla. It would be helpful if you could let us know if this works.
That's an old update. We should all have it.

I have seen the problem you are experiencing once in a while, but I can't reproduce it.

My car already has the 6.0 update. It did not skip before I installed FOBO.
If it matters, when the music skips, the media instrument panel on the car shows the play button flashing between play and pause. And then when the music resumes, the button stays the same.

BTW, I can confirm once again that it still skips when the FOBO app is not running in the background. But in an unscientific test, I found that there was more skipping when the FOBO app is running in the background than when the app is not running. As I was going to a destination, I had the FOBO app running in the background -- the music skipped at least once every song (so, say, once every 3-4 minutes). But as I was coming back, I made sure the FOBO app was not running in the the background, and the music only skipped once.

I hope that helps? Please let me know what else to test.

Last edited: