Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted elsewhere but fitting here. Just got back from a test.
40 degrees
No real warm up
95 SOC
Slightly uphill
Aero wheels
All stock
For apples to apples remember a magazine would report this as 3.4 seconds 0-60.

If you’re on the fence get it for two good reasons.

1. it’s so worth it
2. You will eventually fold and get it anyway so save yourself the mental anguish and just get it already. lol

6F35DA09-8460-49EE-AEB6-3AF1FA48210C.png

Here is the video that Brooks from DragTimes made today that compared my AWD+ to his M3 Performance. I am driving his white performance M3 and he is driving my midnight silver AWD+.

Here are the 0-60 VBOX stats for the AWD+.

View attachment 491621

Here is the best 1/4 mile for the AWD+.

View attachment 491622

And here is the video.

Both of the times that were were rolling and then punched it, we were already going about 50 MPH. I let off at about 100 MPH in that one run and he did not. That is the only reason that the AWD+ overtakes the P. FYI
Why do the turbine wheels/rims look like they stop in motion, even flow backward in the video? This is the first time I’ve seen the turbine wheels in motion like that, so just curious.

So now that it’s been over a week, how are the people that bought this liking it?

I want to pull the trigger soon.
Just bought it this morning and did a few 0-60 runs. You can definitely feel the difference. Is it an essential upgrade? Not really. Do you want your AWD to be closer to the performance version? Go for it.

Also, it took a couple hours after I bought it for it to update, but it’s automatic (nothing to download).

For those of us who like badging (such as myself), what are your feelings on a badge for the Acceleration Boosted Dual Motor LR AWD? I was considering throwing an underline under my dual motor badge, but I'm not into misrepresenting the vehicle and even with the acceleration boost, it's not a performance model. I also considered adding the + from here to the end of the Dual Motor name, but that would probably look tacky. I could just leave it alone, but I thought it would be neat for those of us who purchased the acceleration boost and enjoy badging to add something on. For those who think even the OEM badging is silly and tacky, I realize this seems blasphemous, but keep in mind some of us like the look!

For those of us who like badging (such as myself), what are your feelings on a badge for the Acceleration Boosted Dual Motor LR AWD? I was considering throwing an underline under my dual motor badge, but I'm not into misrepresenting the vehicle and even with the acceleration boost, it's not a performance model. I also considered adding the + from here to the end of the Dual Motor name, but that would probably look tacky. I could just leave it alone, but I thought it would be neat for those of us who purchased the acceleration boost and enjoy badging to add something on. For those who think even the OEM badging is silly and tacky, I realize this seems blasphemous, but keep in mind some of us like the look!
If anything, the “+”.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zoomit and mrau
The badge should read "Hi - I should have bought a P3D to begin with, but I didn't, so I dropped 2 large on software update that makes it faster but still not as fast the P3D. Have a nice day".

Yeah or the Stealth Performance was not available to me when I bought this so I paid the same premium to be half as good.

I had regret I did not wait around for one of those Stealths to appear ; but I didn't so this upgrade makes me happy.
Feels like the car is fast enough now that my regret is lessened.
And I still think another update could come later for more money that might get us there.