Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are prioritizing MXP orders ( for obvious reasons ) over the base X - so I would expect my X order which I placed on 9/20 to be available near the end of the year most likely.
I think the opposite. They are prioritizing base model X's so that people can take the tax incentive for 2023 tax year. Plaids have been pushed out and barely any have been delivered since the price drop in September

I hope that they get back to some Plaid production soon. Would suck to go another 2 months with zero Plaid deliveries. But looks like there’s hope as there’s a confirmed 9/22 Plaid build VIN with upcoming delivery this week/next.

I hope that they get back to some Plaid production soon. Would suck to go another 2 months with zero Plaid deliveries. But looks like there’s hope as there’s a confirmed 9/22 Plaid build VIN with upcoming delivery this week/next.
I have a feeling they are waiting till October for most of the Plaid builds so that the fresh batch has all 2024 VINs.

Reactions: react
Have you gotten a VIN? Mine is 10/6 to 11/10 and still no VIN
Not yet. I’m still at 10/4 - 11/8 and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now. I already paid Tesla my down payment and secured financing for the rest. I was hedging, hoping that giving them some money way before I got delivery would move the needle. That’s partly why I’ve been trying to figure out if anyone got a non-inventory plaid ahead of me, to see if my little experiment paid off.

Reactions: Roshay77
I think they are prioritizing MXP orders ( for obvious reasons ) over the base X - so I would expect my X order which I placed on 9/20 to be available near the end of the year most likely.
It seems like they’re not. If you look at the posts, most MXP orders have no VINs. Tesla wants to pump out those tax incentive models to boost numbers. MXP is too low volume. I imagine Tesla is waiting to batch them and build them all at once.

Not yet. I’m still at 10/4 - 11/8 and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now. I already paid Tesla my down payment and secured financing for the rest. I was hedging, hoping that giving them some money way before I got delivery would move the needle. That’s partly why I’ve been trying to figure out if anyone got a non-inventory plaid ahead of me, to see if my little experiment paid off.
How did you do that? The Tesla app doesn’t give me any option to put any money down or anything haha

Reactions: react