Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess it's a cost driver for them. Without a doubt, Tesla is seeing a huge influx of Model X because of the price drop and EV credit eligibility. I would think they would focus on just 5 seat for tax purposes and the others as less necessary. Not sure why the Plaid is specifically targeted....added complexity? Line costs? Materials? or all of the above?

I wouldn't be surprised my MXP gets further delayed.
I haven’t seen an EDD update on my order since 9/19. I’m in no rush but I’m thinking end of the year for me.

The Plaid isn’t affected by the tax credit, so I’m guessing that Tesla is free to adjust the pricing as they feel. And with the increased interest with the price drop, they probably felt like they dropped the Plaid too much and/or feel like they can squeeze a bit more from buyers looking to get a Plaid anyway and not affected by the tax credit.

Why not the MS Plaid, my guess is that volume on that is probably still lower than the X Plaid 🤷

Reactions: 0Q991
The Plaid isn’t affected by the tax credit, so I’m guessing that Tesla is free to adjust the pricing as they feel. And with the increased interest with the price drop, they probably felt like they dropped the Plaid too much and/or feel like they can squeeze a bit more from buyers looking to get a Plaid anyway and not affected by the tax credit.

Why not the MS Plaid, my guess is that volume on that is probably still lower than the X Plaid 🤷
We're an SUV loving nation...that's why lol

Reactions: awd_rails

The difference between MS and MS Plaid was 15k, so feels like this just aligns with that pricing.

Reactions: awd_rails
Anyone going for the Unlimited Super charging transfer? I took delivery yesterday and missed my opportunity. Went in to sales today to see if there was any way I could retroactively transfer my free supercharging, and was denied due to the fact that I already had an FSD transfer. Apparently you cannot stack the transfers, either one or the other. Plus new supercharging transfer requires you to give up referral discounts.

Tesla is playing games, I was about to cancel my MXP which ordered on 09/05 EDD 10/28 to 11/17. After the price increase I decided to keep the order.
Why bother cancelling an order? Better to simply hold the reservation and see if you change your mind. You can always refuse delivery when they insist you accept the car. Either way you're out the deposit so it does you no good to cancel early. Might be kind of inconvenient for Tesla, but screw em, that's what my $250 is paying for...

I realize you've already done it, but maybe food for thought for others planning to cancel.

Why bother cancelling an order? Better to simply hold the reservation and see if you change your mind. You can always refuse delivery when they insist you accept the car. Either way you're out the deposit so it does you no good to cancel early. Might be kind of inconvenient for Tesla, but screw em, that's what my $250 is paying for...

I realize you've already done it, but maybe food for thought for others planning to cancel.
My wife went out for her second test drive only to learn that Tesla doesn't offer front bumper camera and no substantive parking aid. Sounds like a deal breaker for us but as you noted we'll hold on to our order just in case since we are locked into lower price.

My wife went out for her second test drive only to learn that Tesla doesn't offer front bumper camera and no substantive parking aid. Sounds like a deal breaker for us but as you noted we'll hold on to our order just in case since we are locked into lower price.
I had 2022 MXLR with ultra sonic sensor and it gave me accurate measurement to the wall in front of me while I parked. The 2023 MXP that I just got didn’t have it and it’s about 1 foot off which is pretty annoying. Everytime it tells me to stop, I’m about 2 feet from the wall. My 2022 MXLR told me to stop one foot from wall. So, now I just keep moving forward about one foot after it tells me to stop and pray that I don’t hit the wall.