Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2309.jpeg
Just realized a mistake; it’s $12.5k for us in CO.
We just got today in NYC our Plaid. Order 9/8. The sales rep mentioned it is the first stealth grey they see in NYC

Curious why they would make such a subtle change to the grey color. From the pic it's clearly different side-by-side, but doesn't look like it would be a big enough difference to warrant the change and added paint option to all their service centers etc...

Is it possible to change my order now? EDD is showing 11/3 to 11/28 no vin assigned yet. I really like the new stealth grey color ordered Ultra Red.
I just changed mine, if you don’t have a VIN for sure you can switch. The website wouldn’t work for me (all other colors I could switch to but clicking Stealth Gray did nothing). I called the main support number and they switched it for me now.

Reactions: DefenderX
You are assuming the VIN #' are sequential. I do not believe that is actually the case.
You're saying you think they roll off the line in non-sequential order? Why would they do that?

To clarify your statement, a 418 VIN might have a later production date than a 420?

I am aware Tesla doesn't assign VINs to buyers and deliver cars in sequential order, but that's not the same as VINs being assigned to cars non-serially.

Reactions: Visvism and gsxdsm
You are assuming the VIN #' are sequential. I do not believe that is actually the case.
Can you explain why? Have you looked at the Model X tracker, where it CLEARLY shows it is pretty much sequential. Maybe there are some outliers, but those could be inventory Model X's or rejects or demo vehicles for dealerships and now given to other customers so it seems to be nonsequential at times.

I'm not aware of any manufacturer that does not make cars in a 'non-sequential" manner off the assembly line. It seems that generally, it is done sequentially.

Last edited:
This appears to be the case and has been going on for years.
You're saying you think they roll off the line in non-sequential order? Why would they do that?

To clarify your statement, a 418 VIN might have a later production date than a 420?

I am aware Tesla doesn't assign VINs to buyers and deliver cars in sequential order, but that's not the same as VINs being assigned to cars non-serially.
See: VIN Numbers...is there any logic to the numbers?

Reactions: msm859

Why? Good question, but I can tell you Tesla does MANY things unlike other auto manufacturers. This whole EDD is unlike any I know. I have ordered @ 10+ special order vehicles Ford and GM. With GM (Corvette) you get order codes and soon a TPW - Target Production Week. Tells you the week it will be built. These dates are pretty solid. I was able to actually know the exact day - and almost the hour my 2022 C8 was built. There is NO reason for this bouncing back and forth on the EDD. It is almost like someone is throwing darts to see whose car is being built.