Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solid white with ultra white seats in the 5 seat configuration, 22" turbine wheels, dark ash wood, ludicrous speed upgrade, enhanced autopilot, premium upgrades package, ultra high fidelity sound package, subzero weather package, 3M rock guard paint protectant applied to front, and towing package. Qualifies for complimentary Supercharging (ordered prior to January 15, 2017). Odometer has 250 miles. Vin is 5YJXCDE43GF025916. Asking $160,000 OBO.

IMG_3906.jpg
IMG_3920.jpg
IMG_3915.jpg
IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg
IMG_3934.jpg

Sorry, I think that's a bit high - the same config from Tesla cost $159.550 and it would qualify for $7,500 tax credit, while used car sale (yours) would not

Sorry, just passing through...

Sorry, I think that's a bit high - the same config from Tesla cost $159.550 and it would qualify for $7,500 tax credit, while used car sale (yours) would not

Sorry, just passing through...
he is probably factoring in sales tax, cost of the installation of 3M film. but still 160,000 dollars is an extremely steep. best of luck with the sale.

• Funny
Reactions: siucity
I talked with someone who knows, and the market has been slow for MX resales. Not many offers are being taken.

For actual sales taking place, higher end models are hit with the biggest discounts. Base models hold up in value best.

Maybe for the east coast but not the west. X's are a huge hit over here. The S is still popular but the X is a very close second. The service center by my house get's X deliveries weekly.

Lolzzzz. He probably wants Canadian dollars.
??? Seller is in Illinois and $160k CDN is about $120k USD. That vehicle in Canada is about $220k so maybe a Canadian would pick it up?

Also it's OBO so make an offer if you like it otherwise the opinions should be minimal on FS threads.

Also... OP... list it in the for sale thread for better response. Good luck!

Reactions: ABC2D
Payment coupons showed up in the mail yesterday?

From a different thread:

Hi! Yes, I am the first owner. I picked it up on December 29, 2016. It's always been garaged, has 250 miles, no issues or accidents. Asking is $165,000. My husband ordered it for me to replace my Range Rover however I haven't been able to make the transition. The features are awesome and it's a beautiful vehicle however I prefer my Range Rover.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Yeah we pay 8.5% sales tax in Chicago Illinois area, just a bit more than 8.25% in rest of state I think. That is about $13K there new. Now you would have to pay $2500 max person to person sales tax though to DMV, saving net $10K.

Basically you are kinda getting a very slightly used car, immediately, with free 3M coating. If it is your exact config you want and want it immediately - not bad I guess.

The P100Ds all seem so overpriced, when 100D is so affordable compared to them...

From a different thread:
That sounds legitimate. There can be a steep learning curve for many people going from ICE to EV, especially with the X, and for a busy person with an integrated life, that can end up being slightly more than is OK, and they are able to afford the test and depreciation. The Range Rover is a more mature vehicle.

In 10-20 years, I'm sure this will have changed.

Best to call your Tesla center and ask them what they would give you for it on trade. that will give you an idea of where your pricing needs to be. I will help prepare you by telling you its likely going to be in the $125 to $130k range.

Reactions: Cowby
Best to call your Tesla center and ask them what they would give you for it on trade. that will give you an idea of where your pricing needs to be. I will help prepare you by telling you its likely going to be in the $125 to $130k range.
Makes me wonder why anyone bothers with new and the trouble with waiting for the credit.

Only pros
Easier cheaper financing
"Customization"

Anything else?

Makes me wonder why anyone bothers with new and the trouble with waiting for the credit.

Only pros
Easier cheaper financing
"Customization"

Anything else?
Good point. I know for me its all about color and options. New cars make no sense financially. (Telsa's may be the worst for depreciation. ) If I had all the money I have lost by trading cars every 2 years I could retire early! But I guess its all relative. I will be selling my X next year and I am expecting around 25% depreciation.

I take it the owner has already discovered that Tesla will give him $50 less than his out-the-door price - and generally you can do better private party by about $20K more. Welcome to instant Tesla depreciation, speaking from experience.