Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For the unlucky ones with a fixed spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it is possible but I will ask on my SC appointment on Friday. I got both a fixed spoiler and build issues ):
That's really unlucky :-(

I was thinking maybe they built the cars with the wiring in place for the active spoiler but slapped the fixed one on at the last minute when the parts became available.

In my model s originally tesla said the rear facing seats could not be retro fitted and had to be ordered at build time. But that turned out to not be true and they offered a way for the SC to retrofit rear facing seats. Hope that's the case here.

Reactions: mlouie23
My X just went into production yesterday (90D), and I know it won't have an active spoiler. The spoiler was the one thing that made me even consider a P90, because I'm just not a fan of spoilers... So yes, I am disappointed that, even though I ordered my X a few months ago (when all were getting moveable spoilers), the spoiler on my vehicle will be fixed.

That said, I needed to comment on the title of this thread.

It's a new Tesla Model X!!! I just can't consider *any* of us "unlucky ones" because of a fixed spoiler!

The spoiler has a lot of inferred benefits, but at the end of the day, just like the FWDs, it's more about style.

Both of these moving parts are liabilities down the line. My spoiler is fixed, but I'm still stuck with those beautiful, magnificent, stupid, lumbering doors.

:/

• Funny
Reactions: ksquared
For anyone who hasn't seen the difference, here are some pics of a car with adaptive and fixed spoiler. Red= adaptive. Grey is fixed.

I was upset at first I didn't get the adaptive, but honestly, who cares. The adaptive has 2 advantages:

1: it closes when the car is off. Do you honestly care if it's up or down when you're NOT driving?

2: it adapts at highway speeds to supposedly increase range. Again, who cares? Car has plenty of range and I'd assume the extra weight of the mechanical parts of the adaptive spoiler offset the benefit. If you want 1.6% more range drive 1-2 mph slower. Lol.

The only possible thing I think id like about the adaptive spoiler is just turning it 100% off, but that would block your rear view.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    688.6 KB · Views: 371