Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

for those that ordered MY SR originally, how many of you have converted your order to the LR AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, since there's much discussion about the status of orders for the MY SR, how many here that originally ordered an MY SR and have since converted their car to a LR AWD car? Did they give you preference for a can right away for delivery? How do you feel the $10k difference plays into your plans for the car? I'm now seriously considering converting into the LR AWD but am just having a difficult time justifying the big price jump since I'm totally at ease with the limitations of the SR range, etc. Just wanted to hear what other people's experience. Cheers!

I was at ease with my order for a SR also. My suggestion: order the LR version - you won't regret it once you see how actual driving affects expected mileage. I ordered my SR on 2-18 and became totally disappointed in the ensuing B.S. and confusion about what "off menu" actually meant. Not even the SA understood at the time that it meant "Good luck finding one in inventory with your specs. No more will be produced." I don't believe I got preference for delivery of the LR version. It seemed to coincide with Tesla's practice of shoving them out the door at the end of the quarter to hit production goals. I had sold two cars to pay for the SR but the $10k increase led me to financing that part of it. No regrets really. I modified my order from a SR to LR on 3-12. Got a VIN 3-16 and a delivery date of 3/17. Consider EPA battery range as an estimate. First you won't normally charge your battery to 100%. So you have 90% to deal with. Also, you won't run the battery down to 0% either. So within that range you have juice. I find that hills drain the battery more than I expected so I'm OK with the LR battery even though I have an added expense for the financed portion.

P.S. Consider that over time the battery loses capacity. Some estimate say about 7%. My wife's 2018 Model 3 LR 310 mile range absolutely shows some decrease in its charge capacity.

Last edited:
I’m still holding off hope on the SR, although one has already been canceled for me. Just tried matching with another car in Texas but can’t. SA said the car was in “pre production” so I can’t me matched to it. Makes no sense why it would give me the option to even buy online if that’s the case. 10k difference is just too much for 80
More miles, super chargers are everywhere here in SoCal.

Reactions: asaulo1
this will be my 3rd EV and one of the previous cars was a Fiat 500e so range planning has been 2nd nature for us. Last car was a BMW i3 with rex so it was still somewhere around 120-130ish in pure electric mode and we were able to make do. Still looking forward to getting the SR. Keeping my fingers crossed.

this will be my 3rd EV and one of the previous cars was a Fiat 500e so range planning has been 2nd nature for us. Last car was a BMW i3 with rex so it was still somewhere around 120-130ish in pure electric mode and we were able to make do. Still looking forward to getting the SR. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Do you already have an SR on order? I’ve been waiting for one to free up. I highly doubt many will be available. Still waiting for one to pop up since my order got canceled.

Do you already have an SR on order? I’ve been waiting for one to free up. I highly doubt many will be available. Still waiting for one to pop up since my order got canceled.
I do. I ordered my "vanilla mobile" as I call it since it's the most basic MY SR you can get. White/black, SR, 5 seater, no tow. Keeping my fingers crossed that I still get it before the end of the month as that seems to be the quarterly sales push for Tesla.