Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forced Autopilot Disengagement - Safety Score 96 - Any coming back from this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let my daughter drive the car, big mistake, I take the blame. Looking for advice to get back up to 98 with one autopilot disengagement. Goal is to get FSD beta. Should I let car sit dormant until it clears then start over? Or, just keep driving safe? Thanks.

Let my daughter drive the car, big mistake, I take the blame. Looking for advice to get back up to 98 with one autopilot disengagement. Goal is to get FSD beta. Should I let car sit dormant until it clears then start over? Or, just keep driving safe? Thanks.

Some suggest doing a factory reset that resets everything, and you have to go through all the hassles of setting up your Homelink and wifi... but at least you can do fresh re-enrolling to the Safety Score.

I expect Tesla will find ways to counteract this method once we get a leaker reporting to Tesla.

Reactions: 335eye
Wrong. The score is calculated using all drivers of the vehicle. (It is at the VIN level.)
Ah, perhaps I misunderstood the message in the app (I can no longer confirm as I have FSB now and my Safety Score went bye-bye).

Seems that the driving details get tied to each profile, but the overall score gets aggregated across all profiles. So, MP3Mike is correct and I am wrong.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Opt out, then opt back in. That should clear it out back to square 1.
FYI, when I opted in during the announcement of the new batch of users about 5-6 weeks ago, I opted in, drive about 100-150mi on the fwy using AP. In about 3 days I got the FSD. SS was 93 or so.