Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford: Quality is job 1 or maybe job 2 or 3....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where’s the front page story from CNBS?
Top 3 most discussed topics on the MachEForum:

And the Issues sub-forum looks like a battle field where fit&finish issues are totally minor issues.
For example, on page 13 of " 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed" topic we find
today's post from our happy European Mach-E enthusiast:
<<<
Hy Guys. Sorry my english istn that good because im from switzerland. perhaps someone of you can help me.
I get my brandnew mme awd er on 7.June. One week later, after 400 kilometers, after a charging seesion in a public parking garage the "Powertrain Malfunction" pops up. I could not get a gear in. The mme still felt in the P. I want to do it in the D oder R, but it always jump back in P. Also the electronic Parking Break cant get out. So the Ford Service take it on a truck and bring it to my dealer. now nobody from these swiss guys can fix it. After 14 days they orderd a new drive train in mexico. but i dont believe thats the reason of the problem...
what do you think about it. Did someone had the same problem?

Thanks from Jürg Switzerland

>>>

I mean, c'mon, this is NOT an isolated issue, it's not a dozen bad apples. I probably can count over 50 people just on that forum that had a major software/battery/powertrain issue disabling the car. This MUST be in the news, so buyers should be aware of the issues with the car ... silence...

When I was shopping for a Mustang GT several years ago, I got a good glimpse into what Ford has turned into over the years while browsing the forums.
I decided against it and it was best decision I ever made. After seeing 1 guy go through 3 engines (THREE!!) with similar issues and others having to deal with the known hood corrosion, manual transmission and AC evaporator problems (to name a few), I've come to the realization that Ford has very little interest in fixing anything after the vehicle is sold. They'll warranty repair a defective part with another defective part.

If people think service at Tesla is bad, they need to experience Ford's 'quality service' first hand. I'm already seeing the same attitude playing out with the MME.
Brought to you by the company whose CEO (yes, a Ford) at the time replied in regards to a query about the Toyota "threat": We'll throw them back in the Pacific...OR NOT!

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando