Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many battery packs do these plants make in a single day, week or a year?

Please don't answer. Just rhetorical question to drive down the point that making 1000 gas cars a day is different than making 600 EVs with an average pack size of 80 kWh each day.

Yea, it's certainly not an apples-to-apples comparison. Tesla has a lot of unique challenges. On the one hand, they do not need to manufacture complicated engines and transmissions. On the other hand, they can't rely as much on a well established supply chain. Nobody makes the batteries they need. (The Tesla model 3 battery is probably the best automotive battery that you can get for ANY amount of money) Nobody makes the drive motors and power electronics that they need.

I was responding to the statement, "I wonder if there are any other single car factories out there pumping out 600+ cars per day." And the answer is, yes, there are plenty of car factories that pump out 600+ cars a day.

My friend sees truck loads of 3s on his way south into Los Angeles in the morning and he started noticing a few days ago that the cars on the front of the trailer (position 1 at the top) and the rear are the only ones that are usually wrapped like the S and X's.
That would be kind of odd to do it that way though. Who knows which car will be at the front or back of the transporter? And I doubt the people loading the transporters are personally wrapping the respective cars. Not doubting what your friend saw, but certainly would be odd.

Also, in the latest pictures, there is clearly a 3 at the front without wrap on the back of it. Weird.

That would be kind of odd to do it that way though. Who knows which car will be at the front or back of the transporter? And I doubt the people loading the transporters are personally wrapping the respective cars. Not doubting what your friend saw, but certainly would be odd.

Also, in the latest pictures, there is clearly a 3 at the front without wrap on the back of it. Weird.

I'm sure there is a system in place for batching up the cars in lots of 7 for transport. They must know exactly which cars will be placed on while truck. From there it's just a matter of making sure 1 of every batch of 7 has a wrap placed on it and the people who load the cars have to make sure that car goes into the right spot.

WAHOOO!!!! The ball has started~!!~~ :D :D :D
Most of the VINs reported today are 19":

upload_2018-5-15_11-57-45.png

Reactions: McCaesar
Not this week...
Ford F-150 parts won't be easy to get, experts say
(but yeah, when it is running, it sure puts them out!)

OMG, stop the presses! Ford shutdown production everyone!!!! Alert all media outlets. Fasten all seat belts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall! Cancel the three ring circus! Secure all animals in the zoo...oh wait that's right, this is Ford and almost no one cares. When Tesla does it for an upgrade to the Model 3 line I get to hear about it from just about everyone who talks to me about my Model 3.

OMG, stop the presses! Ford shutdown production everyone!!!! Alert all media outlets. Fasten all seat belts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall! Cancel the three ring circus! Secure all animals in the zoo...oh wait that's right, this is Ford and almost no one cares. When Tesla does it for an upgrade to the Model 3 line I get to hear about it from just about everyone who talks to me about my Model 3.
Ford will be bankrupt before the end of next quarter for sure. Time to short Ford.