Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BA220258-91E4-443E-BD54-FF6D7E4813A9.jpeg
5/16/18 around 1:30 pm - 7 carriers loading (2 local)

19's!!!, but they're all going to canada now...even non-owners who reserved this year are getting them.
Just sucks that those of us who configured have to wait until july for delivery. I didn't think Tesla cared about the 200,000 limit...
Now my concern is they'll start doing 18's again and my delivery is pushed to August. Say it ain't so!

• Informative
Reactions: Nygma51
19's!!!, but they're all going to canada now...even non-owners who reserved this year are getting them.
Just sucks that those of us who configured have to wait until july for delivery. I didn't think Tesla cared about the 200,000 limit...
Now my concern is they'll start doing 18's again and my delivery is pushed to August. Say it ain't so!

I'm one of those Canadians; more specifically I'm in Ontario, where there is currently a $14,000 rebate (This is part of the reason that I reserved the car 2 years ago). There will likely be a government change in early June that will (may?) erase this rebate.

I feel your pain though. The waiting is excruciating. Hopefully Tesla can reach that 5000 a week goal sooner than later.

Reserved: April 2, 2016 (online)
Invited and Configured: March 27, 2018
Anticipated Delivery: Late May - Early June (I hope so)
VIN: May 15 (299XX)
MC RED/LR/Sport Wheels/PUP

I think it does qualify as cruel and unusual punishment if those who configured don't get their cars in Q2. They shouldn't have sent so many invites if they didn't intend to deliver within 6 weeks.
I still don't think there is any chance they will sit on deliveries for more than 6 weeks. That's just crazy.
I'm currently at 5 weeks since configuring so that would mean at least 11-12 vs. 3-6 estimated. I'm expecting to get a VIN in the next few days and delivery in the next few weeks.

I'm curious at what point in the process do they typically assign a VIN number. Is it before the car is made, right after its made, when it's ready to ship, or after it ships.
i.e. have the cars with 19's in the recent photos already been assigned or are more VIN assignments imminent?

I still don't think there is any chance they will sit on deliveries for more than 6 weeks.
Doesn't look like they are sitting on anything, seems everything gets shipped asap. Mostly to Canada.
I don't keep track when VIN is assigned, but I beleive it's after the car is made.
The question is whether they planned good enough when sending invites to not invite extra people and then force them to wait until Q3 after configuration.

Reactions: PeterK
I'm curious at what point in the process do they typically assign a VIN number. Is it before the car is made, right after its made, when it's ready to ship, or after it ships.

I think I saw on another thread that an ISA told the poster that VINs are assigned once they pass QC.

I think anyone who was invited to configure in April will get their car in Q2 - As of 5/1, Tesla still had quite a bit of cars they could sell before hitting 200k, we will know more based on sold estimates after 5/31. Tesla did a very large invite batch on 4/18 and it is just taking a little longer to fill them all.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80 and RTPEV