Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the pictures, it seems like there are maybe a dozen or a couple dozen cars being moved/produced - it's not like a couple hundred cars fill up the lot and then gone the next day. These were taken around 1pm today (1/22/2018) and again not much change from last Thursday. The five cars in aisles 23-25 have been sitting there for a month.
View attachment 275141 View attachment 275142 View attachment 275143 View attachment 275144
Interesting... but I assume they have many parking lots, so watching one doesn't necessarily indicate an overall trend. I just received my VIN #53XX if that helps any. I don't know how sequential the VINs are, but they were only up to about 2800 in December, so presumably they have produced/delivered around 2,800 so far this month.

Interesting... but I assume they have many parking lots, so watching one doesn't necessarily indicate an overall trend. I just received my VIN #53XX if that helps any. I don't know how sequential the VINs are, but they were only up to about 2800 in December, so presumably they have produced/delivered around 2,800 so far this month.

Do you have a proposed date for delivery yet?

Holy Sh*t, that sort of implies maybe 1000 a week is not out of the question and maybe a little better before the end of the month. Thanks for the update, this is great news for you and for TSLA.
again..not sure how to interpret the VIN numbers. Mine is 3398 being delivered tomorrow--but it is 2018 VIN number. In the best case scenario, that means it was manufactured/sold/delivered in 3 weeks time. If that is really the case, I think I should buy TSLA stock.

Reactions: Reciprocity
Has anyone estimated how many non-employee or insider cars have been delivered so far?

What about an estimate of current owners (US only) that have not yet been invited to configure?

I wonder if there be white interior/awd/sr/etc cars built and stored in these lots before these options are made available, or will they start production after the announcement?

From the pictures, it seems like there are maybe a dozen or a couple dozen cars being moved/produced - it's not like a couple hundred cars fill up the lot and then gone the next day. These were taken around 1pm today (1/22/2018) and again not much change from last Thursday.

It is quite possible that all of the Model 3's being shipped outside California are being loaded onto car carriers from the North Lot (only seen in the drone videos), not the South Lot that is visible from the road. Other than at the end of Q4 the only car carrier activity in the South Lot that has been posted is the 3-4 car trailer than is used to shuttle new vehicles between the factory and the nearby Fremont Delivery Center.

Reactions: mongo
It is quite possible that all of the Model 3's being shipped outside California are being loaded onto car carriers from the North Lot (only seen in the drone videos), not the South Lot that is visible from the road. Other than at the end of Q4 the only car carrier activity in the South Lot that has been posted is the 3-4 car trailer than is used to shuttle new vehicles between the factory and the nearby Fremont Delivery Center.
There is a train side rail in back. Hopefully they’re loading them in large quantities.

There is a train side rail in back. Hopefully they’re loading them in large quantities.
Tesla demolished the rail loading ramp/track by the factory already, probably reclaiming space to expand further. Rail is being done at Richmond, CA according to this post.

Highest production VIN in the wild

Richmond is the current location for rail movements for Tesla. They have storage space adjacent to the loading area.

Screen Grab from 12/20/17
upload_2018-1-22_21-17-36.png

Old Satellite Picture

upload_2018-1-22_21-19-39.png

Last edited:
Tesla demolished the rail loading ramp/track by the factory already, probably reclaiming space to expand further. Rail is being done at Richmond, CA according to this post.

Highest production VIN in the wild

Screen Grab from 12/20/17
View attachment 275220

Old Satellite Picture

View attachment 275223
They moved the side rail directly behind the plant. The old loading space is being used for plant expansion. The drone flight last year showed the new loading area clearly. I posted a picture with the space circled at the time.

They moved the side rail directly behind the plant. The old loading space is being used for plant expansion. The drone flight last year showed the new loading area clearly. I posted a picture with the space circled at the time.
I don't think so. You can see there's some sort of fence adjacent to the rail. Beside, how do you load a car side way onto the rail car? All the videos I have seen on Youtube are driven into the rail car from the back of the train.

upload_2018-1-22_22-15-56.png

B93232DF-0870-4C54-81A9-3157BD2895E6.jpeg
I don't think so. You can see there's some sort of fence adjacent to the rail. Beside, how do you load a car side way onto the rail car? All the videos I have seen on Youtube are driven into the rail car from the back of the train.

View attachment 275231
I would expect this spot here to be updated. The rail line is separate from Tesla, but they have raised the grade along the rail siding and I assume would add another rail to back the cars up here. But no other reason to raise the grade other than for the rail siding.

View attachment 275248
I would expect this spot here to be updated. The rail line is separate from Tesla, but they have raised the grade along the rail siding and I assume would add another rail to back the cars up here. But no other reason to raise the grade other than for the rail siding.
Are you talking about the platform thing next to the rail? That platform has been there long before

Yeah, I've wondered whether the only purpose of this lot is to store cars that are going to be delivered at Fremont. Everything else gets loaded up and shipped off. Why would they store cars at the factory that are going elsewhere?

Reactions: MikeDog77