Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding from other conversations around TMC is that there was a shortage of front motors (or some other front motor-related component) that was limiting AWD production. I guess Tesla took this opportunity to send workers home early a few days last week and catch up on some factory maintenance and improvements. If true, I hope this paves the way for higher production rates in the coming weeks.

There is still a pretty large vehicle inventory in the supply chain, so this brief production slow down shouldn't impact vehicle deliveries.

My understanding from other conversations around TMC is that there was a shortage of front motors (or some other front motor-related component) that was limiting AWD production. I guess Tesla took this opportunity to send workers home early a few days last week and catch up on some factory maintenance and improvements. If true, I hope this paves the way for higher production rates in the coming weeks.

There is still a pretty large vehicle inventory in the supply chain, so this brief production slow down shouldn't impact vehicle deliveries.
Tesla had problem with some robots last week according to Elon in the MKBHD factory tour video, which coincide with 8/13.

Reactions: mongo

Hello,
Where can I find info on the shortage of front motors?

[QUOTE="Big Earl, post: 2969870, member: 62630"

There is still a pretty large vehicle inventory in the supply chain, so this brief production slow down shouldn't impact vehicle deliveries.[/QUOTE]

Drove by the Lathrop lot 8/21 and it looked pretty full.

I thought the front and rear motors were the same on the 3 just like they are on the non-P Model S/X. (Different motors between the two platforms, but same motor front and back on a given car.) Though I could see the mounting hardware might be different between front and back.

I thought the front and rear motors were the same on the 3 just like they are on the non-P Model S/X. (Different motors between the two platforms, but same motor front and back on a given car.) Though I could see the mounting hardware might be different between front and back.

No.

Front is AC induction.
Rear is permanent magnet switched reluctance motor.

02B2017C-7C58-4B32-BD5B-79DA5126FDD5.jpeg
1F2995FB-5772-4227-83D9-F954C0BFB043.jpeg
76E8F3FA-0685-4EA5-9E17-966CBF36822D.jpeg
BC301B4E-DD93-405B-8391-DD30D519CB48.jpeg
A4E192B5-3021-4E9A-A1E8-A15B01F8E48A.jpeg
42393501-9066-4E69-8AD4-13D1D79144D1.jpeg
3004A32F-274F-4EE8-9EF6-B485334A6CEB.jpeg
EED101FD-07B3-4051-A343-1FF784AF5EE8.jpeg
F5091D4E-A3CB-499E-A027-DB5434879DE0.jpeg
9FD727C8-148D-4091-AB7F-BDFE56950A4B.jpeg
8/30/18 around 11:30am - more than 15 trucks loading, I saw another 8-9 waiting on the other side of Kato road (towards the service center) so this is the end of the month push. I imagine that they’ll shut the line down for a couple of days for the long weekend so maybe get everything out now before that happens.

View attachment 330408 View attachment 330409 View attachment 330410 View attachment 330411 View attachment 330412 View attachment 330413 View attachment 330414 View attachment 330415 View attachment 330416 View attachment 330417 8/30/18 around 11:30am - more than 15 trucks loading, I saw another 8-9 waiting on the other side of Kato road (towards the service center) so this is the end of the month push. I imagine that they’ll shut the line down for a couple of days for the long weekend so maybe get everything out now before that happens.

We missed you! Thanks @augkuo

I could see some black M3's in the first picture but I can't tell if it's the normal black or obsidian black metallic - I think you'd need a closer look to see the metallic flakes. Yes there are also S and X's coming to this lot - they must be producing at a higher rate now with all the transport trucks in the lot, probably to make good on their promise to do 6000/week by end of August.

Reactions: shootformoon
8/30/18 around 11:30am - more than 15 trucks loading, I saw another 8-9 waiting on the other side of Kato road (towards the service center) so this is the end of the month push. I imagine that they’ll shut the line down for a couple of days for the long weekend so maybe get everything out now before that happens.

@augkuo If you don't mind me asking is there a reason you haven't been taking, and sharing, pictures lately? I ask because it seems that since you stopped that someone on Twitter was claiming that production was way down, and then shortly after you provided us with pictures and information showing lots of production he tweeted that production has picked up.

Is it a coincidence, or was he using your absence to spread FUD?

Reactions: erthquake
View attachment 330408 View attachment 330409 View attachment 330410 View attachment 330411 View attachment 330412 View attachment 330413 View attachment 330414 View attachment 330415 View attachment 330416 View attachment 330417 8/30/18 around 11:30am - more than 15 trucks loading, I saw another 8-9 waiting on the other side of Kato road (towards the service center) so this is the end of the month push. I imagine that they’ll shut the line down for a couple of days for the long weekend so maybe get everything out now before that happens.
Missed you man! Welcome back!

I could see some black M3's in the first picture but I can't tell if it's the normal black or obsidian black metallic - I think you'd need a closer look to see the metallic flakes. Yes there are also S and X's coming to this lot - they must be producing at a higher rate now with all the transport trucks in the lot, probably to make good on their promise to do 6000/week by end of August.

I would agree also when you stated the amount of trucks on the lot blocking our view of the cars. Its a very good sign to me. I would think the number of trucks would match the number of lanes on that section of the lot so the trucks could stage and load out ASAP.

Our 3 also has a white interior, so i believe we got the double delay for getting our car. we have AWD 3's delivering here in town but none are O Black with the white interior. I'll know it is coming when we see a bunch on the lot.

Thanks again for taking the shots when in the area.