Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@augkuo If you don't mind me asking is there a reason you haven't been taking, and sharing, pictures lately? I ask because it seems that since you stopped that someone on Twitter was claiming that production was way down, and then shortly after you provided us with pictures and information showing lots of production he tweeted that production has picked up.

Is it a coincidence, or was he using your absence to spread FUD?

Also interesting was that @skabooshka stopped reporting the daily S/X/3 production numbers ;)

Out of nowhere I get a call from Tesla last night. Never got a vin nothing.... Our obstinate Black 3 with upgraded White interior is in transit. will get by the end of the month. So I wonder if it was in one of these pictures.

FYI they won't tell us the Vin # either, "I will see the vin when I get the car." Boy what happened to the personal service I got with the S?

Saw a bunch of trucks loaded with cars parked on the side of Kato Rd near the factory. Guessing drivers were taking the long weekend off so the trucks are loaded, but no one to drive them to their destination. If only FSD was a reality!

Every time I pass there on the way to the service center there are those trucks sitting there. Likely staging for trucks that will load next or have loaded but are ahead fo schedule.

I would LOVE to hear from someone in logistics. I live between the factory and the train depot so I see quite a few trucks on the way to Richmond every time I am on the highway. I am curious why I have seen new looking wrapped Teslas going the other direction. And then this week I was driving to our cabin in the Sierras, passing Lanthrop as I do every week or so and I passed 4 full trucks of Teslas going FROM Lanthrop towards the factory (or the train depot, I didn't follow). That convinced me to get off the freeway and find out what was going on. I got to the lot at that empty shopping center and there was a loaded truck parked in the middle of the street. I asked if he knew where those trucks were going thinking he was going the same way. He had no idea and then pulled INTO the lot with all those cars. Oddly I could see there were 3 empty trucks on the lot that we loading up.

IMG_2065.JPG Bad image, trying to show when I am on the map AND the wrapped Tesla moving, and the loading trucks

I guess Lanthrop is a buffer place, too many cars, off to Lanthrop, cars have a pickup appointment, pick up at Lanthrop. Just have SUCH a hard time believing my car might SIT in the dirt and the sun waiting for my pickup appointment to be made.

I ran into a Tesla "Ranger" at the Manteca Supercharger a several weeks ago and he said he had spent the day at Lanthrop making sure all the cars had a charge. From Berkeley. Long drive for work. Guess there are not a ton of locations in NorCal that Rangers are based out of.

IMG_7600.JPG

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Every time I pass there on the way to the service center there are those trucks sitting there. Likely staging for trucks that will load next or have loaded but are ahead fo schedule.

I would LOVE to hear from someone in logistics. I live between the factory and the train depot so I see quite a few trucks on the way to Richmond every time I am on the highway. I am curious why I have seen new looking wrapped Teslas going the other direction. And then this week I was driving to our cabin in the Sierras, passing Lanthrop as I do every week or so and I passed 4 full trucks of Teslas going FROM Lanthrop towards the factory (or the train depot, I didn't follow). That convinced me to get off the freeway and find out what was going on. I got to the lot at that empty shopping center and there was a loaded truck parked in the middle of the street. I asked if he knew where those trucks were going thinking he was going the same way. He had no idea and then pulled INTO the lot with all those cars. Oddly I could see there were 3 empty trucks on the lot that we loading up.

View attachment 332133 Bad image, trying to show when I am on the map AND the wrapped Tesla moving, and the loading trucks

I guess Lanthrop is a buffer place, too many cars, off to Lanthrop, cars have a pickup appointment, pick up at Lanthrop. Just have SUCH a hard time believing my car might SIT in the dirt and the sun waiting for my pickup appointment to be made.

I ran into a Tesla "Ranger" at the Manteca Supercharger a several weeks ago and he said he had spent the day at Lanthrop making sure all the cars had a charge. From Berkeley. Long drive for work. Guess there are not a ton of locations in NorCal that Rangers are based out of.

View attachment 332130

-Randy
Tesla is in the process moving car off the dirt lot into a newly leased facility.
upload_2018-9-5_9-56-8.png

• Informative
Reactions: lklundin
-Randy

Wait a minute....what does he do if he discovers one in need of a charge? Does he drive it to a Supercharger? You would think they would be able to "check on" the vehicles from anywhere using telematics and therefore his mission would not be to "make sure", but to "charge cars that needed it".

Reactions: lklundin
Wait a minute....what does he do if he discovers one in need of a charge? Does he drive it to a Supercharger? You would think they would be able to "check on" the vehicles from anywhere using telematics and therefore his mission would not be to "make sure", but to "charge cars that needed it".

Deep sleep mode (after a few days of sitting), would prevent remote access. Likely drives it to a charger (if any get really low) or flags it for delivery.

Out of nowhere I get a call from Tesla last night. Never got a vin nothing.... Our obstinate Black 3 with upgraded White interior is in transit. will get by the end of the month. So I wonder if it was in one of these pictures.

FYI they won't tell us the Vin # either, "I will see the vin when I get the car." Boy what happened to the personal service I got with the S?

Those damn stubborn black Tesla’s. :)

Congrats! I hope I get my vin soon too so I can stop obsessively checking my Tesla account page.

I live overlooking the factory so I'm in a NextDoor group here in Fremont. Some irate neighbor just posted this: :D

"S. V. (name replaced with initials), Warm Springs Blvd
Tesla too cheap to pay for storage???

I drive on Kato road in Warm Springs quite often and I see about 10-15 car transporters always parked on the side of the road carrying Teslas. This is a public road and by no means a parking lot. Tax payers pay for the upkeep and maintenance of this road. Why are we paying for Tesla to store it’s cars this way? Supporting small business is one thing, but surely Tesla can afford to pay for a large lot. The big vehicles actually cause a safety hazard on the road as they are all over the place. Does anyone know if the city has authorized this? Or is there a number we can call?

New 2m ago · 30 neighborhoods in General"

As a TSLA shareholder I'm thrilled this guy always sees 10-15 car transporters staging here!

BTW, Kato Road is two lanes. It runs on the east side of I-880 between the factory and the seat factory, with other companies in between. It's totally non-residential. As far as I'm concerned, it should be renamed "Tesla Road"!

Last edited:
In the past two days, that local Fremont NextDoor thread has had 31 responses and has gone off the rails including this gem: :D

"There is no divider there. I use this road all the time. It is never affected my life. Maybe you should consider what is important in life."

I guess Wall Street doesn't like CEO's who use recreational MJ and they don't know about this:

"Warm Spring Friends·16h ago
I drove past this (outbound logistics lot) just few minutes back. The number of trailers seem to be increased from last week."

"
SV
, Warm Springs Blvd
upload_2018-9-7_11-18-24.png
I drive on Kato road in Warm Springs quite often and I see about 10-15 car transporters always parked on the side of the road carrying Teslas. This is a public road and by no means a parking lot. Tax payers pay for the upkeep and maintenance of this road. Why are we paying for Tesla to store it’s cars this way? Supporting small business is one thing, but surely Tesla can afford to pay for a large lot. The big vehicles actually cause a safety hazard on the road as they are all over the place. Does anyone know if the city has authorized this? Or is there a number we can call?

1d ago · 30 neighborhoods in General
Thank

Engle

, Avalon Heights·1d ago
Tesla doesn't own the car carriers. I think individual drivers are parking their rigs on Kato Rd. Tesla has car storage depots all over the place. The one in Lathop, CA is being expanded. [see photo] I have no idea why the carriers are parking on Kato full of new Teslas instead of proceeding directly to their various distribution hubs?

WT

, Warm Springs Blvd·1d ago
You can try this # and email. Department’s Community Engagement Unit at 510-790-6740 or email [email protected].

WT

I agree with Vilayanur. Tesla has the control on this to provide the carrier a parking space to park instead to park at the public street.

FE

Russell, the carriers might be waiting so that as soon as they're legally allowed to run their trucks again they do so. The electronic tracking and related "safety" laws on truckers and their driving hours has gotten very, very overdone and results in unintended consequences. That being said, that only addresses a possible reason for why they're waiting. I agree with the others that generally this issue shouldn't be spilling over to public land

MK

Tessa "had" plenty of property around it's plant they could have used for storage. They instead sold it off so outside developers could build thousands and thousands ....and thousands....of condos. Thanks alot.

MK

Don't worry,soon there will be so much traffic the trucks won't be able to get to and from the plant. Tessa will start shipping the cars by train. Your parked truck problem will be gone.

BW

Call the traffic unit. Fremont Police, they should have an answer for you.

YL

, Castilleja·18h ago
Thank you for reporting. I drive on Kato Road daily also. Those carriers carrying so many Tesla cars are so heavy, yet they are parked on our public roads. So many heavy vehicles parked on the same section of the same road daily for hours over a long period of time will eventually cause damage to the road, such as cracks. Who will pay for this maintenance? The taxpayer. I agree that it is not fair to the City of Fremont to bear this burden when the carriers should be parked at Tesla's parking lots.

TS

, Weibel·18h ago
Did you try to contact Tesla first and ask them? I understand the frustration by why not start there and if you don’t get an acceptable answer, contact the city. It just seems like we are all on here debating a question that may have had a simple answer if asked directly to Tesla first.

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·18h ago
I tried them twice today and no answer from their corporate office. I’ll try again tomorrow...

SB

, California Landing Villas·17h ago
Thanks for bringing up this issue on a public forum. Everyday the commuters using this road had to face a lot of congestion due to the undue parking space used by Tesla. This company which claimed, it would solve all ours energy problems, can't it afford a descent parking/storage place for its new cars?

Engle

, Avalon Heights·17h ago
You might try calling their Fremont store (510) 249-3500 which is located at Tesla Factory - where they should be storing these auto transporters before the drivers are ready to leave for the distribution hubs. The manager might be able to forward residents' concerns to the appropriate Tesla logistics manager. I've read they are having major logistics issues right now trying to delivery all the Model 3's coming out of the factory on time to their customers. When driving the I-880 N on-ramp from Mission Blvd recently I've noticed ~20 auto transporters being loaded in their main outbound logistics lot. See this photo from yesterday:

SN

, Warm Spring Friends·16h ago
I drove past this just few minutes back. The number of trailers seem to be increased from last week.

JL

, Avalon Heights South·15h ago
Why do you care? Is it affecting your life?

JH

, Warm Spring Friends·12h ago
Maybe the drivers are staying at the hotel ?

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·12h ago
We care because so many trailers on the road are causing congestion and a traffic hazard. I’ve seen folks trying to avoid the trailers and going onto the divider. The truckers are welcome to stay in the hotels. Great for business! But Tesla should offer them a place to store load and unload the trucks. It affects my life and many others who use this road. Thanks

JL

, Avalon Heights South·12h ago
There is no divider there. I use this road all the time. It is never affected my life. Maybe you should consider what is important in life.

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·12h ago
Jon there is no need to get nasty. Take a chill pill and keep it civil. I know what’s important in life to be and don’t need your advice on it really... I’m glad you are able to deal with the trailers.

YL

, Castilleja·10h ago
Suresh, this might be useful for you: https://fremont.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1238/Vehicle-Parking-QA?bidId= " If your vehicle is longer than 20 feet, you may park in the street to load and unload for short periods of time, but overnight parking is prohibited." The auto transporter is longer than 20 feet, but this August they did overnight parking daily on the weekdays. The regulation is known as oversized vehicle parking prohibitions. I think if regulations are not followed, they eventually may cause problems for the community. An example of this is that a few months ago, a Tesla employee crashed into my minivan with my children inside right on this very street (Kato Road). She then sped off. Luckily, a nice man in a tow truck helped me chase down this employee inside the Tesla parking lot and Tesla security guards were called on the situation. It turns out this employee was an underage girl with no drivers license. Driving on the road without a drivers license is a safety hazard. I am immensely grateful that my children were not harmed because she was driving at around 35 miles per hour and crashed directly into me. I'm not sure why Tesla hired an underage employee without a drivers license on Kato Road, perhaps they were very busy with production and needed many employees, but in any case, if regulations are not followed, they will cause problems later on.

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·10h ago
Ninad Narkhede...I am totally civil and no way asked for your advice or Jon’s on what should be important in life for me or for the others on this thread. Your comments seem to focus more on what we should or should not be considering important in life and so you made it personal. So i responded. And perhaps u cannot stomach it or know the difference? And for sure it wasn’t a rant. If you have an opinion on who can park and when and what the laws are I will respect it and take it into consideration. I am making an effort here to contact folks who can help solve this .....unlike u who sits on the sidelines and tries to call people out. If you contribute here just to offer judgement without providing solutions or a meaningful approach then u are not being civil. Why are you even contributing to this thread if it’s not an issue for you? This shows me you have nothing constructive to add... I won’t waste my time responding further to personally aimed opinions from folks like you. It is a waste of time and not constructive to this thread and all of u on it... thank you!

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·10h agoNew
Yona Lu.. thanks for the overview. It’s very useful!

SB

, California Landing Villas·9h agoNew
Some people do not seem to understand, why 20 odd people are discussing this topic. I use this road everyday from Dixon landing to Warm Springs. The commute used to take 7 to 10 mins, but from past few weeks, after these carrier vehicles were started to park next to the road it takes around 20 minutes or more. Which in turn increases my overall travelling time. The objective of discussion here is to see if we can do something about this? Since, this is causing inconvenience to people like me, we can definitely demand Tesla (A listed billion dollar company) to provide descent parking space for its vehicles.

DB

, Warm Spring Friends·4h agoNew
Lol - this has to be one of the silliest rants/concerns I've seen on nextdoor.

NN

, Castilleja·3h agoNew
Hilarious, post author deleted my two comments to take a jouvenile jab. Anyways, won’t be feeding that anymore. Yup just confirmed for those that really care that the truckers with cars loaded have lodging agreement with the motel and are considered legal parking. For all that matters their sleep keep roads safe. Empty ones are considered road side parking and Tesla still has no legal or implied involvement.

JL

, Avalon Heights South·2h agoNew
Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I can buy the pill you suggested? Does it require a prescription or is it an OTC medicine?

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·2h agoNew
Hi Ninad, don’t know what you are talking about?? There is no way I can delete a comment you post on the thread (that I know of) Perhaps you might know how to do that? Please let’s not setup conspiracy theories here or lie about things. If u feel the comments were constructive by all means repost. Appreciate the color on the motel agreement.

SN

, Warm Spring Friends·2h agoNew
Alright, thanks guys.. I think it's established that the truckers are parked there legally but we also agree that it's not safe for those many trailers to be parked roadside especially on a winding road that it's on. I also observed that during peak times right turning traffic slows down due to less space curb side. If most of us feel this way, we can call the city and put in a complaint about this. Legal or not, this is a genuine concern.

SN

, Warm Spring Friends·2h agoNew
... and a Happy Friday to all. :) Maybe we should all slow down over there today and ogle over the brand new Teslas on those trailers, pose and click pictures etc.. Maybe that will make them move them out of the road ha ha! Just kidding! :D

SV

, Warm Springs Blvd·2h agoNew
Love it Santosh!! Also it seems the document that Yona provided also adds some context. It says if there vehicle is greater than 20 ft, they can park for unloading and loading purposes only. I’ll call the city/fremont police and ask them. Thanks

MW

, Warm Springs Blvd·1h agoNew
Morning. Just fyi, it is irrelevant what agreement the truckers have with the motel. The city and state, not the motel, dictate what the law/ordinance is for parking on public roads ( which includes shoulders). Have a great wkend neighbors!!!

BW

, Warm Springs Blvd·1h agoNew
Hi Mary, Nice to see you on Nextdoor! Bonnie
"

I live overlooking the factory so I'm in a NextDoor group here in Fremont. Some irate neighbor just posted this: :D

"S. V. (name replaced with initials), Warm Springs Blvd

New 2m ago · 30 neighborhoods in General"

As a TSLA shareholder I'm thrilled this guy always sees 10-15 car transporters staging here!

BTW, Kato Road is two lanes. It runs on the east side of I-880 between the factory and the seat factory, with other companies in between. It's totally non-residential. As far as I'm concerned, it should be renamed "Tesla Road"!

Yeah, I saw that driving by yesterday. Most I have ever seen. Then on the way back, they were all gone and a couple of empty trucks were there. Quite a lot of cars moving out. Still not sure why I keep seeing trucks full of cars moving TOWARDS the factory. Saw two full trucks going down 80 north of the factory on my way home. Maybe they just keep driving in circles trying to get around traffic. I have been witnessing a ton of trucks driving from Lanthrop going west in the last few weeks. Perhaps they are going to the Richmond train depot, I don't follow them. Just see SO MANY truck-fulls of Teslas driving around here.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: pp626
Yeah, I saw that driving by yesterday. Most I have ever seen. Then on the way back, they were all gone and a couple of empty trucks were there. Quite a lot of cars moving out. Still not sure why I keep seeing trucks full of cars moving TOWARDS the factory. Saw two full trucks going down 80 north of the factory on my way home. Maybe they just keep driving in circles trying to get around traffic. I have been witnessing a ton of trucks driving from Lanthrop driving west in the last few weeks. Perhaps they are going to Richmond, just see SO MANY truck-fulls of Teslas driving around here.

-Randy

guesstimate:
Fremont to staging lots to keep Fremont open.
Staging lots to other places (which may or may not be in the direction of Fremont)