Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a Magnet under the front of my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all. Yesterday I found a magnet under my Tesla. It is 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Does anyone have any idea where it could have come from. I know it had to come off my car as it is the only thing that is parked on that side of the garage.

What shape is it? A perfect rectangle, or are there marks on the sides?

I’m having a hard time thinking of any reason for a Tesla to have a magnet that size on it at all, especially with some aluminum in its construction.

I’m more inclined to think it’s from another car and yours picked it up by complete chance.

Are you sure it’s a magnet. Some wheel weights look like magnets. In particular the ones on my OEM wheels do. I peeled them off before bringing the wheels in for new winter tires. They came off fairly easy. They reminded me of those brown flexible refrigerator magnets. And they are about an inch wide and vary in length. With sticky foam tape in one side.

Good morning all. Yesterday I found a magnet under my Tesla. It is 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Does anyone have any idea where it could have come from. I know it had to come off my car as it is the only thing that is parked on that side of the garage.
Here is a picture of the magnet that I found under the front of my Model 3 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 143
I cannot believe this. I found another one exactly the same. No idea where they came from but now do not think they came off my car. LOL
Thanks for all the comments. Wishing everyone on the form a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We have a fantastic group of people on the form and it is nice to be able to get advice from so many knowledgable Tesla fans. Sorry for baffling everyone with this puzzle that I still cannot figure out.

I cannot believe this. I found another one exactly the same. No idea where they came from but now do not think they came off my car. LOL
Thanks for all the comments. Wishing everyone on the form a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We have a fantastic group of people on the form and it is nice to be able to get advice from so many knowledgable Tesla fans. Sorry for baffling everyone with this puzzle that I still cannot figure out.
Sorry spelled forum wrong.

If it was something that your car ran over and it attached itself to a magnetic surface underneath your car, then I can't see why it would have fallen off just because you pulled into the garage. So if you found it on the floor, it may not have anything to do with the car.

Do other people go into your garage? Did someone else make use of the empty space while your car was away?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
That magnet looks like a cow magnet. Do you live in a farming community with lots of cows?

These are inserted into cows so they trap ingested nails and stuff, and prevent them from causing damage further down the digestive track. They are very powerful.