Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found this little gem on my $55K Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone made a run to Home Depot to make Q2 numbers:

upload_2020-9-8_8-59-29.jpeg

I will bet that the shorts would love that picture. That should be reported to the NTSB Is that an item that gets very hot? If it is that is dangerous..

I’ve seen the green plastic in pictures of other cars, so I think if that assembly generated/dissipated significant amounts of heat it would melt the green plastic. Not really concerned about it from a safety perspective but would love to know if I should be.

I’ve seen the green plastic in pictures of other cars, so I think if that assembly generated/dissipated significant amounts of heat it would melt the green plastic. Not really concerned about it from a safety perspective but would love to know if I should be.
It is one of the coolant to refrigerant heat exchangers. It will get hot (battery pack temp plus some delta), but not hot hot.

All very helpful, thank you.

Is it a big deal that Tesla used faux wood trim during assembly of my vehicle? No. Is it funny? Yes, yes it is!

I’d probably think it was funnier had I not had to spend 10 + hours disassembling and reassembling my vehicle to correct the gaps and alignment.

well the only thing that matters....did you fix/correct the gaps? =]

I did, for the most part. My car was a particularly bad example. My SC seriously damaged the car on their last attempt to fix the doors, so I decided to adjust every bolt-on panel on the car myself. I'm pleased now that I can finally enjoy the car instead of obsessing over poor workmanship!