Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four Windshield Washer Tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I found that when my car first said it was running low on windshield washer fluid, I could put 11 cups of windshield washer fluid in before it overflowed. Next time, I will put exactly 10 cups in, avoiding any overflow.

2. There are many DIY windshield washer fluid recipes online.

3. The Model 3 manual says: "Do not add formulated washer fluids that contain water repellent or bug wash. These fluids can cause streaking, smearing, and squeaking or other noises."

4. If you ever find that you're not getting fluid from one of the wiper blades, stop using the windshield washer button. It may mean that one of the tubes has fallen off its nozzle (right near the windshield washer fluid filler cap). If that's the case, you will be squirting fluid into the car. It's easy to take off the panel in the frunk to check on this. See "Disappearing" Windshield Wiper Fluid [Update: passenger side wiper hose was not connected]

After I took delivery I went to "top off" the washer fluid and ended up putting in damn near a full gallon.

The main thing I'd like to see is an option to turn off the "courtesy wipe" after using the washer spray. 4 total wipes (3 + 1 courtesy wipe) after releasing the washer button has always resulted in smearing from too many wipes.