Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with the old windshield washer system changed to the new one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I want to find out is whether the new one fits my 2020. I believe there may be three versions. I have 2 nozzles. I think they switched to 3 maybe late 2020 or early 2021 and there appears to be an even newer 4 nozzle version that I'm hoping actually works and fits my 2020 and is less than a King's ransom.

what year are you? I'm 202. My washer is really crappy and not adjustable. Two spray nozzles. I heard newer ones had 3 / maybe 4 and were better. I think the newest has a heater or something and of course that won't work for me but I don't care if I can get the thing to actually spray most of my windshield.

Of course let us know how it comes out

I'll take another look but thought I couldn't do that. When did you get your 2020? I wonder if they changed it. Mine is an aug build.

Were you able to do with the blade attached or did you have to take it off? Not sure I care about the passenger side but would like to see while driving. FSD ain't that good yet.

I'll take another look but thought I couldn't do that. When did you get your 2020? I wonder if they changed it. Mine is an aug build.

Were you able to do with the blade attached or did you have to take it off? Not sure I care about the passenger side but would like to see while driving. FSD ain't that good yet.
June 2020. You don't have to take the blade off. You do have to move it and test multiple times, because it's not obvious where it'll squirt.

Are there just two versions? or 3. IF 3 which one is it? I though I had read that a 2nd version with more nozzles came out but isn't there one now with a heater?

How well does it work?

What did it cost?

I'd love to have an actual working wiper on the driver's site

Are there just two versions? or 3. IF 3 which one is it? I though I had read that a 2nd version with more nozzles came out but isn't there one now with a heater?

How well does it work?

What did it cost?

I'd love to have an actual working wiper on the driver's site
I just walked into the Service centre and asked for the new driver wiper arm for the Y. They got in for me. It was $95 CAD. There is no heating element in it. It has three separate locations of sprayers. Two of the locations have 2 nozzles. So, there are a total of 5 nozzles spraying vs the 2 on my old wiper arm.

It looks like it works well. I just sprayed it in my garage an hour ago.

I'll have to try again at the SC. They previously told me no. But perhaps armed with a part number I might get a different result.

Alas, as I am decluttering, gave away my gear puller a couple months back. Have to see if I can borrow it back.

Reactions: MattM24