Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frameless windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The door is indeed ajar. This is proven by the fact that the window is lowered a few millimeters which is consistent with similar frame less doors that lower the window slightly when the door is open as is the case with Model S and Model 3

The door is indeed ajar. This is proven by the fact that the window is lowered a few millimeters which is consistent with similar frame less doors that lower the window slightly when the door is open as is the case with Model S and Model 3
Where have you seen the Model 3 windows would auto lower? Looking at the motor trend videos at the GF and the unveil night videos I can't see that it was like that on the alphas.
Currently owning three cars with frameless door windows, none of them auto lower, i know it certainly isn't required and one of the easier items to remove manufacturing complexity from.

Where have you seen the Model 3 windows would auto lower? Looking at the motor trend videos at the GF and the unveil night videos I can't see that it was like that on the alphas.
Currently owning three cars with frameless door windows, none of them auto lower, i know it certainly isn't required and one of the easier items to remove manufacturing complexity from.

I had a 2005 Mustang GT and it auto lowered. That car cost me 23k brand new after discounts with leather etc (the only car I ordered sight unseen because they were so popular)... I am sure if Ford can put it in a Mustang at that price point 12 years ago then it shouldn't be a factor in the Model 3. It really does help with noise.

My 30 year old Toyota MR2 has frameless doors/windows that don't move the glass when you open and close.
It just presses the glass against soft rubber... And doesn't have an issue with wind noise or rain leakage.
mr2-window.png

Reactions: melindav
My 2011 Challenger R/T has auto-lowering windows. Except when the miserable cold winters have frozen ice on the outside of the window, and I have to take a screwdriver and carefully tap it alone the lower weather seal to crack it loose.......

My 2011 Challenger R/T has auto-lowering windows. Except when the miserable cold winters have frozen ice on the outside of the window, and I have to take a screwdriver and carefully tap it alone the lower weather seal to crack it loose.......

And this. This is why needing windows to auto-lower just to open the door is a dumb fair-weather design. Yes, you can preheat longer, but you don't know you need to do that until it's time to leave. And now you're late.