Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Franz von Holzhausen personally delivered my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hadn't thought about that, but not a bad idea!
The only reason I mentioned it was because I saw an old Signature S listed for sale recently and the visor had been signed by Elon. The owner removed the signed visor and framed it and replaced the visor in the car with a new one.

If you do end up leaving it in the car, you might want to protect it somehow.

So had a celebrity shock moment, I was at Design Center in Hawthorne charging this past week and about 9:30pm saw Franz looked like he was leaving for the day. Ofcourse did not want to bother the man but kind of wish I did for a photo-op.

Model 3 in white is beautiful!

Reactions: TonyPham
Congratulations! Best story on Tesla deliveries so far. Glad to read a positive story after the barrage of short/bear articles on Tesla! These are people in truly love and believe in the car and products they have created.

"Actually Franz is going to take him to the car."

WOW, congratulations! Really cool for you, and I'm sure great for Franz too -- to see the excitement and appreciation in person. Great photos... I've got the same car as you, so I'll just have to Photoshop myself into one of those pictures! ;) No signature on my sun visor, though! o_O I'm really happy for you and appreciate that Franz did this.

Reactions: Andre Mercier
YAY! If only you had videoed that touchscreen tutorial!

I'd love to have a video that extensive of the touchscreen options for my 2018 Model X. All that's available is the "walkthroughs" on Tesla's website, each devoid of almost any information, but at least we don't have to watch somebodies annoying introduction and referral pitch on each.

. I said, "How often do you do this?" He said, "Not very often." I asked, "Why, why do this?" He said, "I was on my way home from work and figured I'd swing by. I love to see the excitement from people like you and share what we've created."

Sounds like a nice fellow and a genuine enthusiast. Tesla are lucky to have found him as its people like Franz who make the difference.

Just wanted to share my experience because I feel like there has been much more negative information posted about the quality of the cars than the positive - you rarely hear people say, "My car was in perfect condition when I received it!", it's almost always complaints about what is wrong. I had a perfect experience, the car is amazing, drives and handles like a dream. I get the feeling I'll be in love with it for a long time to come, and I hope your Model 3 is perfect too.

Thanks for reporting your experience. Great to hear.