TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fred Lambert - You have gone too far!

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Buckminster, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Buckminster

Buckminster Active Member

At the time of writing these are the last Electrek posts in sequence:

Tesla slashes retail employee compensation, seemingly pushing them out instead of layoffs - Negative

Tesla store caught on fire in Surrey, half the building has been damaged
    Based on the significance of the damages, it sounds like a few vehicles caught on fire, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that a car was the cause of the fire. - Negative

Tesla slashes prices of Autopilot and Full Self-Driving upgrades
    It’s a bummer for those who already bought the software updates, but they will get EAP, which is probably not really an advantage for everyone. - Negative

Tesla launches new live service status update through mobile app
    I just had a pretty bad Tesla service experience with my Model 3 this week - Negative

Tesla Model 3 driver again dies in crash with trailer, Autopilot not yet ruled out - Negative

Electrek Podcast: Tesla delivers promised $35,000 Model 3 – but at a cost, and more craziness - Negative

I defended you here for a while Fred - what was I thinking....

I remind you - Tesla made you.

• Like x 18
    • Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. Skateboardgolf

For articles on Electrek, I just read the headline, the first paragraph, then go straight to the comments.
    "Electrek's Take" is rarely insightful, it's usually whiny, or negative as you say.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

this is what the media does... sports, politics, tech, etc. They build up a hero, then they tear them down.
    Nothing new.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Well-Known Member

I quit visiting Electrek back around April or May 2018 when I figured out his perspectives didn't align with reality. He's actually kinda weird.

Oh, come on, why do you slander Tesla like that?;)

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
  5. traxila

traxila Supporting Member

The only reason he still has a site is his message boards which are far more entertaining than other similar sites. I rarely go there now and I suggest others of the same mind do the same.

• Like x 3
  6. Eriamjh1138

Eriamjh1138 Member

Fred NEEDS to be critical of Tesla. Don’t confuse being critical with being negative.

Many would say he’s been a little too much of a cheerleader for them over the years.

What pissed me was How much he whined when Tesla cut the price of the performance model and he bitched until he got a refund.

• Like x 13
  7. StealthP3D

My problem with him and his site is not that he's negative - when the negative thing is true. It's that he's in it for himself. And that comes through loud and clear in his perspectives which are all over the board.

• Like x 9
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Banned

Best feedback is to unfollow

9. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

THIS.

He's not a journalist and he doesn't adhere to standard journalistic practices (and never has; referral codes for instance).

Why would seek news from his site?? And why would you expect it to serve any interest other than Fred's??

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 2
  10. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Strange. There are people on this board who keep saying that Fred is a paid Tesla stooge and has always been overly positive about Tesla.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. TheGrimSweeper

I've found almost everything on his site to be very click baity and whiney recently as well.

• Like x 3
  12. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

The problem isn’t so much what he publishes. It’s that other blogs and media often pick up on it and spread it even more. I bet Tesla fires and crashes would get 50% as much coverage if Fred didn’t make it front page news every time.

• Like x 1
  13. StealthP3D

That's the argument being made by Tesla short-sellers over on Seeking Alpha. Some of them post here also under pseudonyms.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. Shateam

Shateam Member

He can't be that negative...he conveniently forgot to report on this.

Tesla Model 3 Loses CR Recommendation Over Reliability Issues

I agree with what was stated a few posts up. He is pretty much in it for himself. He's not a journalist and therefore does not need to maintain that level of integrity.

• Like x 1
  15. trayloader

trayloader Member

This is what Fred Lambert is mostly interested nowadays: Fred Lambert. Too much drinking his own Kool aid. There´s a reason Elon Musk gets interviewed by MKBHD instead
    lambert_poseur.jpg lambert_poseur.jpg

• Informative x 3
  16. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

My primacy concern is how often Fred mixes scraps of information, speculation, sometimes lack of logical coherence, a rather sour interpretive bias, seemingly without awareness of which of the above is which, and all blended together for the reader, AND either ignores or spars in an intellectually disingenuous way with those who bring up flaws in his logic, or larger context that disagrees with his speculation and scraps of information. What's more, isn't Electrek not intended to be a sustainable energy and transport advocacy site (not that legit constructive criticism doesn't belong... that would actually be helpful to advocacy).

• Like x 3
  17. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Fred is the "journalist" who cited an unnamed Tesla source that everyone who wanted one was going to get a free key fob or two or three. He also is far too political in his commentary and it's pretty clear which way the wind blows with that guy.... straight out from under AOCs pantsuit.

• Funny x 3
  18. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

19. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

The biggest complaint I have about Electrek is that they never seem to include source links. All of their article links are Electrek article/topic tags. It's infuriating to then have to try to Google to figure out where they got their info in order to independently evaluate it.

Same concept if they have a 'leaked' Tesla email--they'll selectively quote it but not post the full text.

• Like x 4
  20. IronPig

IronPig Member

I quite reading Electrek when I realized what a whiney baby he is. They don't include source links and he complains about people stealing his content. He just writes articles commenting on someone elses actual reporting. It's a lame blog.

• Like x 3