Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharger Miles Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 1,000 free Supercharger Miles, but every time I use one the car says I’m being billed real money, and the free miles in my loot box don’t go down.

Will this sort itself out or do I have a problem?

If I have a problem does anyone know best way to contact Tesla to fix?

Have you actually been charged on your credit card? When I picked up my car I asked about this and they said what you’re describing is something that could happen. As long as you aren’t actually being billed, I wouldn’t worry and it will all sort itself out in the wash.

You are being billed. The cost is shown on the bottom of your screen while charging
BUT
Your super charging miles are be subtracted from the loot Box in your Tesla App on your phone
No money is changing hands UNLESS your credit card is being billed.

I have 1,000 free Supercharger Miles, but every time I use one the car says I’m being billed real money, and the free miles in my loot box don’t go down.

Will this sort itself out or do I have a problem?

If I have a problem does anyone know best way to contact Tesla to fix?

I have the same issue. I took delivery of my car this morning and had to charge at the Heathrow supercharger as my car was low on charge. The car records a cost of £8 for the charge and still does tonight. The Tesla app loot box shows one of my referrals as having taken delivery a couple of weeks ago but I can't see anywhere that shows the number of free miles remaining.

I have the same issue. I took delivery of my car this morning and had to charge at the Heathrow supercharger as my car was low on charge. The car records a cost of £8 for the charge and still does tonight. The Tesla app loot box shows one of my referrals as having taken delivery a couple of weeks ago but I can't see anywhere that shows the number of free miles remaining.

Took me a few days before it started properly showing as deducted from my loot box.

I have a similar issue. I had 5000 miles and used less than 100, now, whenever I use superchargers the charge goes directly onto my credit card.

Have emailed Tesla (no reply), not managed to get hold of anyone who knows anythign on the phone.

Any ideas on who to contact?

I have a similar issue. I had 5000 miles and used less than 100, now, whenever I use superchargers the charge goes directly onto my credit card.

Presumably to get the 5000 miles you were an early adopter? If so, it is likely that they have expired as, although not obvious, there was 6 months in which to use them. The loot screen of the app was later updated to clearly show the expiry date.

I'm seeing neither deductions from my loot box nor charges on my credit card. I guess I shouldn't complain if this means I am essentially getting unlimited miles. However, if miles are being deducted but the deductions just aren't showing up in the app, I'm left in the dark on when I might run out of free miles.

When I collected my car I had to charge on the way home and was billed. Subsequent charges were not billed until I ran out of free miles.

I'm seeing neither deductions from my loot box nor charges on my credit card. I guess I shouldn't complain if this means I am essentially getting unlimited miles. However, if miles are being deducted but the deductions just aren't showing up in the app, I'm left in the dark on when I might run out of free miles.
Did you collect your car at the very end of December 2020? If so, were you not eligible for 1 year of free supercharging?