Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well true. But beginning with q4 and going into 2023, they’re entering a new era. Normally it was just a matter of getting supplies/production etc. but not the unlimited supply of orders isn’t a given. Q4 is being hit with the quirk about the tax rebate, higher loan rates, slowing economy, and (lesser) about anticipation of new hardware etc. 2023 will be much more about the recession, high rates, and many folks more worried about their jobs and less comfortable for paying 70k+ for a non-luxury EV. 2023-2025 will also have the headwinds of true competition
True competition 😂. I think there is none for the next couple of years. Wait till you hear of competitors have issues in charging, then range issues, keeping charge in cold temperatures and most of all safety. Tesla I feel is way ahead of the competition and they have the price advantage (buffer of 7000) and software freebies or discounts.

True competition 😂. I think there is none for the next couple of years. Wait till you hear of competitors have issues in charging, then range issues, keeping charge in cold temperatures and most of all safety. Tesla I feel is way ahead of the competition and they have the price advantage (buffer of 7000) and software freebies or discounts.
That’s one opinion. I hope you’re right.

But they are opening up their charging network, the vast majority of people charge at home and use their EV for commuting, and outside of the autopilot-type features (which isn’t nirvana these days) even some legacy companies (and several hopeful upstarts) have some very real competitors.

Won’t drop names (you can easily find them in the other discussion threads) because undoubtably it will trigger accusations that I must “work for company X”.

But they are opening up their charging network, the vast majority of people charge at home and use their EV for commuting, and outside of the autopilot-type features (which isn’t nirvana these days) even some legacy companies (and several hopeful upstarts) have some very real competitors.

Won’t drop names (you can easily find them in the other discussion threads) because undoubtably it will trigger accusations that I must “work for company X”.
Tesla would be smart to keep the network to themselves now.

Tesla would be smart to keep the network to themselves now.
Totally agree. I am guessing they are weighing the con of making superchargers more crowded/losing that competitive advantage VS potential gov incentives/profit from becoming the dominant energy supplier. Frankly I doubt they’re worried too much about pissing off existing customers (they already have your $)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218-181539.png
    Screenshot_20221218-181539.png
    437 KB · Views: 101
  • Helpful
I’d take blue now that paint colors are now free! I saw a black one at the showroom I was just at
and the advisor told me that if I wanted one the upgrade for paint was free!
I refused delivery of a white m3 rwd today due to paint issues. They were pushing me to take delivery anyways and swap out the bumper at a later date. I refused. We tried to locate another white m3 but had to settle for midnight silver at another nearby location. No mention of free upgraded paint. I would have sprung for blue or red if that was the case.

I refused delivery of a white m3 rwd today due to paint issues. They were pushing me to take delivery anyways and swap out the bumper at a later date. I refused. We tried to locate another white m3 but had to settle for midnight silver at another nearby location. No mention of free upgraded paint. I would have sprung for blue or red if that was the case.
They are not telling you unless you asked them. I did and asked them and they told me yes I could upgrade the paint color for free.

• Love
Those who wait into 2023 may get some unexpected benefits. 10k of supercharging over 2ys is not terribly valuable, unless you don’t have charging at home. Few hundred bucks. Most folks won’t use it up.

The tax rebate is the main thing. Not sure why folks aren’t considering the reason Tesla is hush hush about it is because they’re anticipating $7500 and know their q4 numbers will be terrible if people know that.

Same reason the delay/hush about radar/Tesla Vison/etc until mid Jan.
For me, the $3750 is worth $3900 because of reduced sales tax. And it's immediate, not having to wait (15 months) until spring of 2024 to receive it. Also, at today's typical Supercharger prices, the free 10,000 miles is a savings of about $1000. So, I'm taking the $4900 worth of December benefits now instead of some unknown amount 15 months from now after paying the full price first.

I don’t understand why you all think that Tesla will not get the full $7500 rebate. I am sure they will get it. 1 thing to understand is if Tesla does not qualify none of the other manufacturers get it. It will then beat the whole purpose of this Bill. Just my 2 cents.
The purpose was to encourage more domestic sourcing. Not just to reward what has already been done.

• Informative
For me, the $3750 is worth $3900 because of reduced sales tax. And it's immediate, not having to wait (15 months) until spring of 2024 to receive it. Also, at today's typical Supercharger prices, the free 10,000 miles is a savings of about $1000. So, I'm taking the $4900 worth of December benefits now instead of some unknown amount 15 months from now after paying the full price first.
Fair. Yeah, the benefit is immediate in terms of the rebate. Even more so for those who have income exceeding qualification for the rebate. Small risk you’re missing out on $7500.

10k supercharger miles to use over 2 years is good. Sure. And have some value, sure. Though most folks won’t use it all up unless they can’t charge at home or have numerous/long road trips planned.

Certainly the con is you don’t actually know what you’re giving up given the discussion on hardware/missing capabilities/pricing trajectory over the next 2 years. So best just decide if the car meets your needs as it sits today.

Reactions: Happy Hippo

Opening on their terms. They’re not going to open the most popular stations snd lose a major competitive advantage. They’re Doug this to stave off government interference. Tesla solved a problem in terms that are to their advantage. The government will feel it necessary to help the other idiots who wouldn’t. I’m usually a liberal but Tesla should be left alone. Ford/GM made their bed and can lie in it.

• Love
Opening on their terms. They’re not going to open the most popular stations snd lose a major competitive advantage. They’re Doug this to stave off government interference. Tesla solved a problem in terms that are to their advantage. The government will feel it necessary to help the other idiots who wouldn’t. I’m usually a liberal but Tesla should be left alone. Ford/GM made their bed and can lie in it.
2023 new inventory. They don’t have demos.
Sure they do. Open the existing inventory page. Lots of low mileage demo units.

Status
Not open for further replies.