Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Tesla is now giving you 10,000 miles of free Supercharging if you take delivery before 2023 of a new or inventory Tesla! It may not be applicable for all models in all areas, but it is in addition to the $3,750 discount. I recommend you contact Tesla Sales at your closest location if you're interested.
Thats not fair at all for the announcement of free 10,000 miles supercharge for Tesla. I just got my car delivered on 12/03/22 but they said they wont give me 10,000 miles supercharge. They said they are unable to retroactively apply offerings!!!!

Thats not fair at all for the announcement of free 10,000 miles supercharge for Tesla. I just got my car delivered on 12/03/22 but they said they wont give me 10,000 miles supercharge. They said they are unable to retroactively apply offerings!!!!
No., that is not correct! I just got my car Tesla Y delivered on 12/03/22 but they said they wont give me 10,000 miles supercharge. They said they are unable to retroactively apply offerings!!!!
My SA just confirmed it. Congrts all.

“If you are taking delivery within the month of December you will receive 10,000 supercharging miles along with the $3750 price adjustment.”

My Tesla model is Y which should be applied. I texted Tesla customer service at 510-345-1536 and that was what I have been told. Thats something not fair at all

I just got a voicemessage this evening, with the same notification as above from one of the 4 Tesla showrooms in my area that if I take delivery in December free 10k supercharging and the $3750 and how they have other configurations available for delivery. They are really trying to push. I have a feeling every week they will add something else to incentivize buyers…

I will move forward once my vin has been assigned but until that time comes they can add something else. I want white seats but I’m open to other colors..

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
How is the 3750 credit applied, can I use it towards my down payment with my bank?
How does the 10,000 free super charging miles work? I heard they expire in two years. I doubt I will be able to use them in two years as I will just charge from home 99% of the time, just too convenient. What is the super charging credit worth.

Yeah not fair at all I’m entitled also! Mine is a 2020 but still not fair any coupon, change, or offer should be lifetime retroactive forever starting from my delivery date. Lol

Hopefully I get this after taking delivery a week ago!
I received a call from Tesla yesterday and learned of this offer. I was told the officer started Thursday the 15th. Since I picked up my MY on the 14th I asked if it could be applied to mine as well. The agent said no. I think I will call back and say since the initial trade-in offer, they can sweeten the deal by officering the miles to my purchase. There is value in those free miles, not a whole lot, but it's there.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
A couple of things:

1) Do we have confirmation MY qualify for the 7500 credit? I haven't seen that. It will qualify for 3750 as it's assembly is in NA. I don't think it meets the battery sourcing requirements to get the other part of the credit.

2) is there an expiration date for SC miles? It seems I remember Tesla is putting the 3750 down as a referral credit. If they are doing the same for the SC miles you would have to use them within 12 months. At least that's how the referral program would work. I have used about 3,000 SC miles over the last two years.
Assembling the car in NA does not qualify the car for $3750. Being assembled in NA allows the car to be eligible to qualify but doesn't in itself qualify the car for any of the $$.

One half of the credit is where the battery components are sourced or manufactured.
The other half is where the minerals going into the car are sourced.

Very unlikely Tesla (or any cars) will qualify for both halves of the credit this year. We shall see.....

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 7.21.06 AM.jpg

Let the discounting continue!!

Tesla would never, I mean never ever offer anything for free unless they know they can't meet their current target at current pricing!!

And their production output will only increase in 2023. If they don't get full $7500. They will almost certainly have to offer some sort of discount otherwise they won't have enough buyers.

Remember all the buyers that are waiting are expecting $7,500. Those who don't qualify are already buying and still not enough buyers so they are offering 10k miles. Who in the hack is going to buy this cars in January unless $7,500 tax credit or similar discounts.
Why is Tesla so reluctant to say whether or not they’ll give the $7500 rebate. I understand they can’t verify your income but they certainly should know if the car is under $80,000, assembled in the US, with US batteries and is classified as an SUV.

I’ve been having conversations with Tesla about my model Y order that I placed for December they now say they don’t think they can make that and I’ve offered me a variety of other choices none of which are what I want and I said seems to me I can’t lose if it comes next year I’ll get $7500 if you can get it now I gets $3750. Buy, when I said that, They said I should consult with my tax professional to find out if I was eligible. This rebate was supposed to be upfront not an actual rebate and the only people who know whether the car was made in America is considered to be an SUV and has American batteries is Tesla. Obviously I would have to certify that my income was within the range but that’s a straightforward question I don’t know why they’re so reluctant to answer it

Why is Tesla so reluctant to say whether or not they’ll give the $7500 rebate. I understand they can’t verify your income but they certainly should know if the car is under $80,000, assembled in the US, with US batteries and is classified as an SUV.

I’ve been having conversations with Tesla about my model Y order that I placed for December they now say they don’t think they can make that and I’ve offered me a variety of other choices none of which are what I want and I said seems to me I can’t lose if it comes next year I’ll get $7500 if you can get it now I gets $3750. Buy, when I said that, They said I should consult with my tax professional to find out if I was eligible. This rebate was supposed to be upfront not an actual rebate and the only people who know whether the car was made in America is considered to be an SUV and has American batteries is Tesla. Obviously I would have to certify that my income was within the range but that’s a straightforward question I don’t know why they’re so reluctant to answer it
It’s not Tesla’s rebate maybe have the same argument with your state representative. Why does even a good thing have to be a complaint for some. Lol. I wouldn’t advise on your financial tax liability either if I was a business.

So I just received a text from Tesla that my configuration might not arrive in December and I should try to take advantage of the $3750 and 10k miles of SC. They said to call them if I’m open to other colors and understand my options.. hmm very interesting… my trade in offer expire 1/3/23 and I’m sure the value will decrease if I renew it but what will the offers be in 2024? It’s a gamble!! Not sure yet..

It’s not Tesla’s rebate maybe have the same argument with your state representative. Why does even a good thing have to be a complaint for some. Lol. I wouldn’t advise on your financial tax liability either if I was a business.
It’s not their rebate but they are the only ones who can address the technical aspect of car classification as an suv, assembly locations, battery chemistry And material sources. I understand I have to qualify for the agi which I do since I’m retired.

I’m ultimately not going to cancel regardless but I’d like a straight answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.