Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging and Discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just received a text from Tesla that my configuration might not arrive in December and I should try to take advantage of the $3750 and 10k miles of SC. They said to call them if I’m open to other colors and understand my options.. hmm very interesting… my trade in offer expire 1/3/23 and I’m sure the value will decrease if I renew it but what will the offers be in 2024? It’s a gamble!! Not sure yet..
I just got the same text and offer to sell me a demo at a discount but apparently blue isn’t a popular color. I order exactly what I want and I’ll wait to get it.

It’s not their rebate but they are the only ones who can address the technical aspect of car classification as an suv, assembly locations, battery chemistry And material sources. I understand I have to qualify for the agi which I do since I’m retired.

I’m ultimately not going to cancel regardless but I’d like a straight answer.
Agreed it is up to Tesla to address technical aspects, based on 2023 model Y window sticker it says 65% of the parts are assembled or made in US and Canada. If I were to make a guess I think the tax credit will be around $3,750 and not the full $7500. Only time will tell

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I just got the same text and offer to sell me a demo at a discount but apparently blue isn’t a popular color. I order exactly what I want and I’ll wait to get it.
I’d take blue now that paint colors are now free! I saw a black one at the showroom I was just at
and the advisor told me that if I wanted one the upgrade for paint was free!

Those who wait into 2023 may get some unexpected benefits. 10k of supercharging over 2ys is not terribly valuable, unless you don’t have charging at home. Few hundred bucks. Most folks won’t use it up.

The tax rebate is the main thing. Not sure why folks aren’t considering the reason Tesla is hush hush about it is because they’re anticipating $7500 and know their q4 numbers will be terrible if people know that.

Same reason the delay/hush about radar/Tesla Vison/etc until mid Jan.

Those who wait into 2023 may get some unexpected benefits. 10k of supercharging over 2ys is not terribly valuable, unless you don’t have charging at home. Few hundred bucks. Most folks won’t use it up.

The tax rebate is the main thing. Not sure why folks aren’t considering the reason Tesla is hush hush about it is because they’re anticipating $7500 and know their q4 numbers will be terrible if people know that.

Same reason the delay/hush about radar/Tesla Vison/etc until mid Jan.
I am one of those who do not have home charging and in my area, it would be about $1k not a few hundred dollars.

Tax rebate is only for people who qualify, remember income cap! I do not believe they are going to be approved for the $7500.
My partner's EDD for Y is December 31, 2022. They asked to swap with an inventory vehicle and answer was "no", unless they agree to current pricing. It was ordered earlier this year at a slightly lower amount.
speak to someone else. they have no clue. It seems like us members on the thread know more than some of the advisor. lol

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I am one of those who do not have home charging and in my area, it would be about $1k not a few hundred dollars.

Tax rebate is only for people who qualify, remember income cap! I do not believe they are going to be approved for the $7500.

speak to someone else. they have no clue. It seems like us members on the thread know more than some of the advisor. lol
Makes sense. Then sounds like it’s a good opportunity for you.

I was feeling pretty good last week after I got the $3750 credit but disappointed I missed out on the wall charger discount ($50) and the supercharger credits. It seems like there's no way to get those retroactively.

There's definitely a frustrating aspect related to dealing with Tesla - if supply has caught up with demand they really need to change how they treat their customers and build some long-term loyalty. Good product is important but the alternatives are catching up for sure. Definitely not the Apple of automobiles by any means in terms of how customers are treated.

^ Righto! Other than not being required to visit the extended warranty person's office before driving away with my car, I felt that the ordering and delivery process was no different than ordering a car from a traditional car dealer. In other words, they need to work on it. And the Tesla communication, much of it automated and texts, back and forth - just plain awful! I got the official Tesla delivery experience survey in email. I haven;t returned my answers yet, as I need to compose some thoughtful kaizens, in case somebody in middle management actually reads the comments section.

Just saw this tonight... there is no longer an "Order Now" page for the Y and some other models. Tesla might have more cars available immediately than traditional car dealers. Might be a good thing. Might be a bad thing.
Yup. Good news in my mind. Getting the 2022 inventory out. If there was a software-only update coming that applied to cars made in earlier years, then wouldn’t need to push sales on existing inventory so hard.

I don’t understand why you all think that Tesla will not get the full $7500 rebate. I am sure they will get it. 1 thing to understand is if Tesla does not qualify none of the other manufacturers get it. It will then beat the whole purpose of this Bill. Just my 2 cents.

I don’t understand why you all think that Tesla will not get the full $7500 rebate. I am sure they will get it. 1 thing to understand is if Tesla does not qualify none of the other manufacturers get it. It will then beat the whole purpose of this Bill. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. They would announce they aren’t getting the full $7500 so customers don’t feel a need to delay and they meet their quarter expectations. However, Tesla is usually two steps ahead of everyone so I still have some doubts.

Reactions: Mike7564
That’s Tesla every end of quarter, for like….ever.
Well true. But beginning with q4 and going into 2023, they’re entering a new era. Normally it was just a matter of getting supplies/production etc. but now the unlimited supply of orders isn’t a given. Q4 is being hit with the quirk about the tax rebate, higher loan rates, slowing economy, and (lesser) about anticipation of new hardware etc. 2023 will be much more about the recession, high rates, and many folks more worried about their jobs and less comfortable for paying 70k+ for a non-luxury EV. 2023-2025 will also have the headwinds of true competition

Last edited:
  • Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.