Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging for Model 3 with September 19th Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 on September 19th. At the time free six month supercharging was only available if you ordered the performance model. Right after this they opened it up to all models. I have had a ticket into Tesla for about two months and have not heard back after multiple escalations to the dealer and an email to the Tesla referral email. Does anyone know if I do still qualify for the six months of free supercharging with a referral? Any suggestions on how to get a response? Thanks.

I assume your vehicle detail on the Tesla account doesn't show 6 months Supercharging under Supercharging status?

I think if you were to receive it, it is purely a good faith gesture on Tesla's part. Since when you took delivery, the terms were set to receive 6 months free supercharging only for the performance model.

I always say, you can't have it both ways. If Tesla were to increase price on all models after you took delivery, would you call them up to give them more money?

Thanks for the reply. It would just be nice to get some type of response either way from Tesla. Regarding your last comment on increasing price, Tesla actually dropped the price on the Performance version and autopilot. If I had the lower Performance model price originally, I would have ordered it and definitely qualified for the original free supercharging option. Tesla seems to be very fair with dealing with customers and hopefully this will work out.

Yes, I'm currently getting billed and just hoping for a reply from Tesla.
Send them a ticket through the website (if you haven’t already) and choose escalate for management review. I had this problem initially where they were charging me and should have been. They responded, fixed it, and credited my charges. As mentioned, there is a problem with them charging some people for SC who should have FUSC. They seem to be good about getting it right if you are entitled to it.

I ordered before October but I am not scheduled for delivery until this weekend. They have been very strict and won’t allow me to add a referral which really makes no sense. Someone who waited and waited doesn’t get 6 months of supercharging but someone who orders today and gets the car tomorrow can. It kind of rubs me the wrong way.

For those who got free 6 months supercharging, how should the account look on the website?

It should look like this in the vehicle details page on your Tesla account:

2u6nxxf.jpg

I ordered before October but I am not scheduled for delivery until this weekend.

They have been very strict and won’t allow me to add a referral which really makes no sense.
Someone who waited and waited doesn’t get 6 months of supercharging
but someone who orders today and gets the car tomorrow can.
It kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Almost three months waiting between order and delivery? Did you ordered a special option or model?

May be I was lucky or also because I made an earlier deposit for a reservation, but I got a LR 4WD in less than a week last October.

Stood in line at a store before the web unveiling
Ordered on 10/27/18
Gave a referral during order in store
Contacted [email protected] while waiting for delivery as the referral wasn't listed.
Shows as free 6 months of SuperCharging in my profile today

A day late to getting FUSC on my P3D+

Hey thanks for that, I also waited in line but was oblivious to all these goodies when I ordered. Good for you.