Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging vs Full self driving (POLL)

What is more valuable?

• Full Self Driving

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging

Votes: 66 58.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on how you define the question. My initial reaction would be that free unlimited supercharging is more valuable, because you can always add the FSD package after the fact for a fixed cost, whereas you cannot add free unlimited supercharging for any amount of money, and it saves you a theoretically infinite cost, ignoring the limits of the vehicle lifetime.

Of course, where that gets problematic is when you factor in transferability. Free unlimited supercharging is unlikely to be transferable unless your car has HW1. And for HW1 cars, adding FSD after the fact is... well, challenging. 😁

• Disagree
Reactions: Krash
This is easy for me. FSD has a vale of $0 for me, and we charge 38% of the time on super chargers.

I don't really want free supercharging though, until they are as common as gas pumps, there may need to be fees (in excess of energy cost) to manage demand. And it costs about half as much as driving our previous 2014 Outback, so I'm happy with the current cost.

This is easy for me. FSD has a vale of $0 for me, and we charge 38% of the time on super chargers.

I don't really want free supercharging though, until they are as common as gas pumps, there may need to be fees (in excess of energy cost) to manage demand. And it costs about half as much as driving our previous 2014 Outback, so I'm happy with the current cost.

🤔 So neither are valuable (to you)?

Hrm.

With the caveat that my basic AP only MY hasn't delivered yet, I don't see myself needing superchargers except on trips. I can easily charge at home, and can probably manage with L1 charging at my destination at least half the time on those trips.

FSD would be valuable to me if it was reasonably reliable, and I suspect my wife might find even more value in it--but definitely not at $15k. Maybe more like $3k.