Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free wheel upgrade or paint upgrade on inventory vehicle now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla dedicated Q1 production for China and Europe, no inventory cars are likely 2019 production (other than refits, which will have a born date of their final release for sale). If they are building cars in 2019 that are going straight to inventory in the US, then that is a very bad sign.

Since Tesla dedicated Q1 production for China and Europe, no inventory cars are likely 2019 production (other than refits, which will have a born date of their final release for sale). If they are building cars in 2019 that are going straight to inventory in the US, then that is a very bad sign.

Tesla registered a crapload of new VINs a week or so ago, over 90% of them were for US models.

I was told by sales that you can get a model 3 within 48 hours from their in stock unit. You would also be able to get the paint or wheels upgrade for free. As long as it isn’t a 2018, it seems to be an okay deal

Seems like this has been going on since around the beginning of Feb. It's true that you can get this for a 2018 VIN for sure. The equation is also not just an or but is and and, you can get both wheel and paint upgrade for free. Select black on black and get a 2018 VIN white with sport wheels for the same price. They add a price adjustment to your price.
Not sure what they'll do for a 2019 VIN since I was only interested in white interior and there were no white interior 2019s available.

However, this is only going to work for right now while they're trying to clean out the U.S. inventory that was made before the China/Europe cars so if you're interested you should grab it now. As they switch back to U.S. production for the final month of the quarter they aren't going to offer the same on something rolling off the lot.

I was told by sales that you can get a model 3 within 48 hours from their in stock unit. You would also be able to get the paint or wheels upgrade for free. As long as it isn’t a 2018, it seems to be an okay deal
They’re all 2018’s. This has been going on for a while and is just an incentive to move the leftover 2018 inventory models. If you want 2019 you need to order through the website.

I got my model 3 two weeks ago with the $1500 free upgrade but it was NOT disclosed to me that this was a national program, nor that it would be a 2018 model that’s been sitting on a lot for a few months. It was a total bait and switch. The one I wanted was on lot at the dealership and “immediately available” if I wanted it. I was told the $1500 was an incentive only if I bought that day - but they ultimately assigned me a different VIN and a 2018 was delivered to my house a few days later. If the program had been disclosed to me I probably wouldn’t have bought it yet and waited for a 2019! Even worse, it’s got incredibly loud brakes that need service. I love this vehicle but I’m pissed how deceptive they were.

Perhaps it’s policy to not reveal discounts, but shady none the less, IMO. Looking forward to whatever is revealed today - just hoping I don’t kick myself for buying 2 weeks ago! On a positive note, my car insurance is $200 less per year than a 2019 would have been... that was a nice surprise.

I’m pretty certain dealers won’t do paint and wheels. It was one or the other. I was trying to negotiate for the paint and the white interior thrown in but they wouldn’t budge. With the inventory incentive and paint discount, it’s a deal for a 2018. You also need to take delivery immediately the next day to qualify for the discount.

Wonder whats happening at 2pm ?
Cant order currently on Tesla.com

Attachments

• Tesla Website.jpg
    Tesla Website.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: Probllama