Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Bumper Issue After Sensor "Recalibration"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week or so ago, I had the autopilot engaged while in stop and go traffic on an interstate. While stopped, the warning chimes suddenly kicked in along with the flashers and the car did not start moving again with traffic. I was able to take manual control after a few panicky seconds but I was confronted with the "Driver assistance features are not available" message thereafter, and autopilot / TACC was disabled.

I brought the car in for service this past Monday and picked it up the following day. They said that the sensors needed realignment / recalibration.

I discovered a few issues after I brought it home. First - I used to be able to use "Autopark" (double tap the parking button and press the "forward" arrow) to have the car park itself in my garage. Now, it just turns itself off without moving once I exit the car. That's a little annoying. It was doing that while the "Driver assistance features" warning was being shown as well. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Also, I noticed that the front bumper is now protruding out underneath both headlights where it used to be flush. They give easily with a slight push. Has anyone else experienced this post-service? Is this a bumper installation issue or has it become somehow (symmetrically) deformed during service / calibration?

20180912-_DSC0855.jpg