Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Control Arm Replaced 16K Miles - I was charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone changed the front control arm due to creaking and got charged? My car is 16K miles from May 2019 build. I assumed the creaking was under warranty as a lot of Tesla had that issue.

I understand the miscellaneous labor charge due to my vorstiner carbon fiber set, but why am i being charged all the parts and labor to install those parts when the control arm fault was their issue.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 150
"took extra time to customize lift" completely lousy on the tech side. Wow 30 seconds to 1 minute extra at most. Does the tech mean to release a pin and re position that said pin? That should not take hours (base on the hourly charge)

control arms is a manufacture defect, the car came out like that and in time it was degrading. FCA, if manufactured correctly, should last as long as the car is on the road!

Contact that service again or make a claim you will see a lawyer if it's not corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr X
"took extra time to customize lift" completely lousy on the tech side. Wow 30 seconds to 1 minute extra at most. Does the tech mean to release a pin and re position that said pin? That should not take hours (base on the hourly charge)

control arms is a manufacture defect, the car came out like that and in time it was degrading. FCA, if manufactured correctly, should last as long as the car is on the road!

Contact that service again or make a claim you will see a lawyer if it's not corrected.
I pick up my vehicle tomorrow. I’ll talk to them again because it’s ridiculous how they’re charging me for the repair when their tech even said it’s a common occurrence it is a Tesla issue

Like most of you, I agree this should be covered.

But... just like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Tesla seems to consider these a wear item.

We just did a pair on a 18’ 3 with 25k on the odometer.

I went through the trouble of reaching out to Tesla to see if these would be covered when the car came in, Tesla said they would likely not be covered. I advised the client who decided to have us do the repair rather then waiting a week or so to do battle with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: JATinNH
Has anyone changed the front control arm due to creaking and got charged? My car is 16K miles from May 2019 build. I assumed the creaking was under warranty as a lot of Tesla had that issue.

I understand the miscellaneous labor charge due to my vorstiner carbon fiber set, but why am i being charged all the parts and labor to install those parts when the control arm fault was their issue.

If you are lowered I'd recommend picking up some aftermarket FUCA's from Mountainpass or unplugged because that creaking will come back after a few thousand miles. I have a 2018 and went thru warranty already... save your self the headache and get the aftermarket ones.

Last edited:

I pick up my vehicle tomorrow. I’ll talk to them again because it’s ridiculous how they’re charging me for the repair when their tech even said it’s a common occurrence it is a Tesla issue

These posts have different user names but seem to be talking about the same car. Are both of these user accounts the same person,or is it two different people talking about two different cars with the same setup and charge?

We just did a pair on a 18’ 3 with 25k on the odometer.

I went through the trouble of reaching out to Tesla to see if these would be covered when the car came in, Tesla said they would likely not be covered. I advised the client who decided to have us do the repair rather then waiting a week or so to do battle with Tesla.

Mine were just replaced (2018 model with 29k on the odometer). Free replacement under warranty for me.

If you are lowered I'd recommend picking up some aftermarket FUCA's from Mountainpass or unplugged because that creaking will come back after a few thousand miles. I have a 2018 and went thru warranty already... save your self the headache and get the aftermarket ones.

hey boost, your warrantied replacements failed on you too? Mind pulling up what part number were the replacements? Were they the "G" revisions?

Both big boy and my car are both stock height for LR, which setup do you recommend for lowering and aftermarket control arm?