Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end collision wait time/loaner vehicle possibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing. We were rear ended Sept 1, got our estimate sept 2. Our M3 is drivable but probably not legal due to rear window damage, but we have not heard a word on parts from the body shop doing the work. Body shop told us Tesla doesn't communicate delivery estimates. Wondering if there is a way to contact Tesla to start pushing them. Has anyone had success with that?
I got my car back on November 11th. From my experience, I wasn't able to do anything in regards to contacting tesla about the parts. Everything was done through the body shop. The only option for me was to wait it out. Eventually, probably around 1-2 weeks, I received automated emails from tesla about the parts that the body shop ordered. The emails should have estimated dates for the parts.

I've had my Model 3 in the Tesla repair center since November 29th, 2021. I hit something on the freeway that fell off a truck (?) and damaged the passenger door and rocker. Both minor dents. BUT the main battery had something go into from the body work causing a total failure of the high voltage battery requiring replacement. Fast forward to today, January 31th 2022 and the replacement battery just arrived. Hopefully it will be installed this week. We'll see.......

PS. there is no way to find out delivery dates or ETA's of part/repairs. It's all wait and see. We were going to buy another Model 3 but I do not believe that's a good strategy. Tesla had not committed to repairing their cars in a trimly manner.

I've had my Model 3 in the Tesla repair center since November 29th, 2021. I hit something on the freeway that fell off a truck (?) and damaged the passenger door and rocker. Both minor dents. BUT the main battery had something go into from the body work causing a total failure of the high voltage battery requiring replacement. Fast forward to today, January 31th 2022 and the replacement battery just arrived. Hopefully it will be installed this week. We'll see.......

PS. there is no way to find out delivery dates or ETA's of part/repairs. It's all wait and see. We were going to buy another Model 3 but I do not believe that's a good strategy. Tesla had not committed to repairing their cars in a trimly manner.
When my 3rd party body shop fixed my car I got an email from Tesla confirming the parts order and giving shipping updates. I doubt Tesla stopped this. Did the shop tie the parts to your VIN when they placed your order?

When my 3rd party body shop fixed my car I got an email from Tesla confirming the parts order and giving shipping updates. I doubt Tesla stopped this. Did the shop tie the parts to your VIN when they placed your order?
My Model 3 is being repaired at a Tesla collision center here in California and my contact told me they on longer receive shipping or ETA information by design, "removed from their screens". My impression is if it's not Tesla's fault, they'll fix your car when they can fit it in their schedule and if you have ever been to or seen a Tesla center you'll see A LOT of Tesla's that need repair/service.

My M3 was in a Tesla Authorized Collision Center in Worcester, MA for about 6 weeks, getting some fairly extensive repairs to the front fenders, head lights and bumper after someone backed into it. I was there a total of 3 times and never saw another Tesla waiting to be fixed: plenty of BMW's, a few Audi's and one Lamborghini, but no other Tesla's. This was in November and early December. At that time, Tesla was still sending owners emails of the parts ordered and parts shipped. It's too bad if Tesla has stopped sending out those emails about parts status.

Reactions: jkeyser14
Chick on this link Google Maps
Maybe a 100 cars on the outside of the building. I have no idea how many car fit on this inside. We have Tesla's everywhere here in Los Angeles
I go to L.A. several times a year. In fact I just got back from there a week ago. You're right. There are a lot of Teslas in L.A.. I wonder how many authorized collision centers there are. More importantly, what is the ratio of authorized collision centers to total number of Teslas? The last time I looked (10/21) there were a total of 6 Tesla authorized collision centers in MA, but I have no idea how many Teslas there are here

I finally got my car back ad looks like they did a good jobs but after my first long drive. I noticed that the car pulls to the right. it needs to go back for a alignment check. I also noticed that at 100% charge I'm only getting 295 miles of range. Before that battery replacement I was getting 310? Tesla is going to look into this. I know this difference seems minor but 15 miles is 15 miles and at $23,000 for repairs. I don't feel I should be missing anything.