Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end damage… totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After nearly 5 months, the car has finally been totaled!
StateFarm did EVERYTHING in it's power to NOT total the car, but in the end, they ended up spending a lot more money trying to fix the car before totaling out. Ridiculous experience every step of the way, but at least they came around to the conclusion that anyone else could clearly see.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and DFW_MVP
After nearly 5 months, the car has finally been totaled!
StateFarm did EVERYTHING in it's power to NOT total the car, but in the end, they ended up spending a lot more money trying to fix the car before totaling out. Ridiculous experience every step of the way, but at least they came around to the conclusion that anyone else could clearly see.

That is ridiculous, have they been covering your rental thus far?

AAA (the at fault insurance) has been covering the rental... i thought going though my insurance was the way to go since I wasn't at fault and I'd need someone on my side... clearly not the case. Not sure it would have been any better going directly to AAA, but it certainly couldn't have been worse.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
thanks ... definitely lots to be thankful for this holiday.

that's what I'm afraid of... prefer just to start with a clean slate. i'll find out hopefully sooner than later and keep this thread updated.

great reminder... pawn the center caps at EZ Pawn next door for for some spending money at Adult World.
Total props for a great sense of humor during a hard moment.

Sucks but at least you won't be driving around in a repaired Tesla.
Getting another one?
yes... debating on another Performance 3 or S LR... would love the Plaid, but that's the price of 2 M3P's and can't justify it after these last couple rounds of price increases. As much as i loved my M3P, I wish a new one had more performance since it's essentially the same car as my old one.

Reactions: Zer0t and DFW_MVP
yes... debating on another Performance 3 or S LR... would love the Plaid, but that's the price of 2 M3P's and can't justify it after these last couple rounds of price increases. As much as i loved my M3P, I wish a new one had more performance since it's essentially the same car as my old one.
If you don’t need the space M3P is the way. The money as you point out is substantial. I have an M3P on order after having an S, but don’t need to dump 100+ on a car that’s not frequently used and for the two of us and our 25 lb French bulldog.

If you don’t need the space M3P is the way. The money as you point out is substantial. I have an M3P on order after having an S, but don’t need to dump 100+ on a car that’s not frequently used and for the two of us and our 25 lb French bulldog.
I could use the space, and the S should have power benefits especially at speed… but not sure if it’s worth the extra cash. It would be nice not having a clone at every light though… seems like 3’s and Y’s are taking over the world.

I went from a X and 3 to a Refresh S LR and Y.

I guess the MYP would be the middle ground here, but the new S has such an incredible interior. It’s light years ahead of my old 2019 Raven legacy car.

It’s well worth the 100k price tag, the acceleration is faster than the M3P (3.1 without rollout) but it doesn’t feel as nimble and go kart like.

And yeah, the wider hips on the S do make it stand out from the legacy models. People can’t tell how or why it’s different but they’ll notice.

All in all, there are pros and cons to both, but if you can swing the MSLR, you’ll be quite pleased. We’re a few days late but people have reported getting demo vehicles from Tesla reps for 10k off with many available for the EOQ push. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

2174FC80-07F1-49FF-804F-2CDDB1D0698D.jpeg

1CACCE38-6933-4471-9BC8-F3CCE8BAEA65.jpeg

B33860A1-7DC1-4280-B6B9-396BDA32767B.jpeg

I went from a X and 3 to a Refresh S LR and Y.

I guess the MYP would be the middle ground here, but the new S has such an incredible interior. It’s light years ahead of my old 2019 Raven legacy car.

It’s well worth the 100k price tag, the acceleration is faster than the M3P (3.1 without rollout) but it doesn’t feel as nimble and go kart like.

And yeah, the wider hips on the S do make it stand out from the legacy models. People can’t tell how or why it’s different but they’ll notice.

All in all, there are pros and cons to both, but if you can swing the MSLR, you’ll be quite pleased. We’re a few days late but people have reported getting demo vehicles from Tesla reps for 10k off with many available for the EOQ push. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

View attachment 789128
View attachment 789127
View attachment 789130
Is the S LR acceleration discernibly faster by seat of pants metrics?

Is the S LR acceleration discernibly faster by seat of pants metrics?

The 3 feels lighter when accelerating from a stop, but the S feels quicker from 30-120. Also much more firm and solid at high speeds.

According the website MS LR and M3P same 0-60 time.

M3P 0-60 on tesla website accounts for rollout. So the 0-60 is more like 3.4 vs 3.1 on the MSLR which has no rollout calculation.

The 1.99 0-60 for Plaid S also calculates rollout so it is more like 2.3+ seconds.

MYP on Tesla website also accounts for rollout, so it is more like 3.8 0-60. While the MYLR with AB is about 4.1 without rollout.