Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyday, EV enthusiasts are faced by people who are stuck in the past and can't imagine anything but the the same old familiar combustion engines.

Now some of those EV enthusiasts, can get past anything but that same old familiar grill, that adorned those combustion engine cars.

There is some irony in there somewhere. I really think Tesla should leave behind fake grills with the combustion engine that fostered them.

We will get used to the sleek, bare front end, and soon come to appreciate it's uniqueness in a sea of me-too fake grills.

Full frontal nudity FTW. ;)
Nudity is fine... encouraged, really!

But if you're gonna bare it all, you better have something worth looking at under those clothes!

• Funny
Reactions: S3XY
Love it!........:cool:
01459691821.jpeg.jpg

• Love
Reactions: J1mbo and pmich80
Right, but half the fun of owning a snazzy car is that when people first see it, they go, "Damn, that's a nice-looking car."

The first impressions for a lot of people around here are, "Yikes, That's a weird-looking car."

This is exactly what everybody on the road who sees it is going to think too. They're not gonna have the time to get a 360° view and spend some time thinking about and rationalizing to themselves that it looks good.

The fact that there even is wide-spread discussion questioning the, well, questionable design elements right off the bat is cause for concern and I have a feeling this will not go away unless the design is changed. Incredibly frustrating because the rest of the car is beautiful.
My first impression was it looks awesome I have asked also six other people what they thought of the looks and they all liked it.if you don't like it you don't need to buy it you can buy a GM bolts or Nissen leaf or Toyota Prius all that elected small car Mitsubishi.aren't those a bunch of gorgeous looking cars in comparison,

Everyday, EV enthusiasts are faced by people who are stuck in the past and can't imagine anything but the the same old familiar combustion engines.

Now some of those EV enthusiasts, can get past anything but that same old familiar grill, that adorned those combustion engine cars.

There is some irony in there somewhere. I really think Tesla should leave behind fake grills with the combustion engine that fostered them.

We will get used to the sleek, bare front end, and soon come to appreciate it's uniqueness in a sea of me-too fake grills.

Full frontal nudity FTW. ;)
For me it's not about needing a fake grill. It's about fixing a hard edge that looks out of place. The rendering I made wasn't meant to be a grill. I was suggesting the Tesla logo with a black accent, a sort of badging.

Im sure that as soon as the First wave of M3's make it to the streets that 3rd party folks are going to offer grill changes. I believe the model S was just way to expensive for 3'rd party vendors to buy to sell $100 accessories. There are just not enough model S owners out there to buy 3rd party stuff so therefore there aren't that many 3rd party vendors.

Judging by the height of the front compared to the Model S behind it, I would say the shark-nose front end is for regulation compliance. I knew the 3 was smaller, but I didn't think by that much. My i-MiEV would look like an SUV next to the 3.