Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front hood won't stay shut in the heat - Tesla Service 4 attempts to resolve

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issues with the front trunk not working properly in the heat? I am able to open it, but it will not shut when the temp is above 90 or so and the car is in the direct sun. It will not close and be retained at the fully closed status, rather it will pop back up to the secondary security latch. Works fine when cold, but may pop up while driving if it gets too hot (again, secured by secondary latch)

Latches have been replaced, cable re-routed, both actuators replaced. Etc. Nothing appears to be in the way.

Tyson's service is attempting to get a manager to call be back, but its been over a day and they have gone non-responsive after the 4th attempt and my request for a real tesla loaner while they investigate on my car. I've send messages to tesla corporate, but with their cutbacks they seem to also be completely non-responsive.

This is a real safety issue, the secondary latch is only there if the primary fails... and shouldn't be used otherwise.