Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out Magneplate... works great, unobtrusive, and easily removable or placeable without scratching or damaging anything... You don't need to remove the nose cone to install the mounting either...

Check out Magneplate... works great, unobtrusive, and easily removable or placeable without scratching or damaging anything... You don't need to remove the nose cone to install the mounting either...
Thanks for the tip. I like it. A little less expensive than The Law. I already have the rare-earth magnets, so I will try those first.

So, 4 months into my car and I got my first ticket for "No Front Plate". West Hollywood while parked at a meter.
The fee is $25, reduced to $10 if I have the correction validated. The $15 difference does not seem like much of an incentive to fix this. Well, for me, I have the magnets installed, so it should only take a moment, though I still have to drive over to a cop somewhere.
Is there any other penalty if I just pay the $25? It just may be easier as I am leaving the country tomorrow, and if I wait, the fee goes up to $50.

I gave up on these alternative solution and just screw on the plate. The magnet did't work great as sometime driving through a car wash, I had it flew off a few times.
Car wash?!... Just kidding... I take them off when I wash my car but always have them on in San Francisco since cops notorious for handing out those fixit tickets. I got fined for my other car once and didn't pay have to pay the fee after showing the correction to CHP at their offices.