Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is definitely not the same as the licenseplatewrap.com.

The wrap plates in California are legal under a pilot DMV program and require an accompanying authorization letter from the DMV to show to a law enforcement officer so they won't cite you. customlicenseplates.us does not get nor provide such a letter, while licenseplatewrap.com does. In fact, the language in the FAQ on customlicenseplates.us is total crap, claiming there's no law making a wrap license plate illegal. That's not how the law works.

So you choose that one at your own risk.

Reactions: elf9 and lUtriaNt
Thanks for sharing this. I am definitely interested.

But, I am not sure why they want so much info from me when I order?

"ENTER THE YEAR AND MAKE OF THE
VEHICLE, THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER, NAME AND ADDRESS AS SHOWN ON YOUR CURRENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE'S CURRENT MILEAGE."
They have to make sure the plate number and vehicle matches the registration issued by the DMV.

Thanks for sharing this. I am definitely interested.

But, I am not sure why they want so much info from me when I order?

"ENTER THE YEAR AND MAKE OF THE
VEHICLE, THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER, NAME AND ADDRESS AS SHOWN ON YOUR CURRENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE'S CURRENT MILEAGE."

this info is what DMV requires to register your vehicle
as the issuance is a legal amendment to vehicle code.

that information is submitted to sacramento BEFORE
DMV issues approval for you the owner to deviate from
previous vehicle code requiring a PLATE, to that of a
sticker wrap made to DMV requirements.

the DMV grants you as owner to deviate, and your
agreement to remove wrap sticker plate upon sale
of vehicle.

my take is these requirements are sacramento’s method
of keeing explicit control, as we all know the state wants
the $$$ but would just as soon not make the plates, ala europe!

I’d guess you were comfortable giving the state same info,
I question your hesitancy to resubmit same to state for ID?

• Informative
Reactions: focher
That is definitely not the same as the licenseplatewrap.com.

The wrap plates in California are legal under a pilot DMV program and require an accompanying authorization letter from the DMV to show to a law enforcement officer so they won't cite you. customlicenseplates.us does not get nor provide such a letter, while licenseplatewrap.com does. In fact, the language in the FAQ on customlicenseplates.us is total crap, claiming there's no law making a wrap license plate illegal. That's not how the law works.

So you choose that one at your own risk.
Thanks focher. I’ve been driving with no front plate for a year and a half. My son in law is a Sargent in our police department and he said I am not likely to be stopped. I’m going with custom for efficiency only. Hopefully less windage than with a plate holder. I always carry the front plate in the frunk. License plate wrap does not make wraps for any other states. Just CA, so I can’t use them here in MA.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt